Matt v acros

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Matt V I just don't remember the name well. Something to do with Dragon fly or so.

MattV.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is they are way different, in color and growth. I dont have either currently, as the orange passion frag i had didnt make it. The images of the matv one is much more colorful though from post from multiple people

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MattV or not, but is it that the Tenius genus of corals are primarily slow growers? Asking for a friend

I have a split personality!

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have a HW that I got last April. And the only growth that its gotten is some encrusting on the frag plug, while other corals have branched out and gotten tremendous growth. I have a SC OP that's has grown out a bit, but more encrusted than grown. WWC Pink Panther that hasn't put on any growth at all. No these might be some that are slow growers that I just so happen to have, but wanted to see if in general they are slow growers.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps we should set a baseline... Tenuis grow fast for me under about 350-600 PAR of MH with NSW(ish) type water parameters and good flow (not as much as some, but more than competent amount of flow). I also do not frag them very much, so they get to keep on doing their thing.

For me, this species responds to high light.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have a HW that I got last April. And the only growth that its gotten is some encrusting on the frag plug, while other corals have branched out and gotten tremendous growth. I have a SC OP that's has grown out a bit, but more encrusted than grown. WWC Pink Panther that hasn't put on any growth at all. No these might be some that are slow growers that I just so happen to have, but wanted to see if in general they are slow growers.
I feel like there are a few that are slower growing than others like the TSA acrolandia for example. What I have noticed is sometimes they take a long time to start growing vertical but once they do they take off. My hw encrusted for like 8 months and then it seemed from one day to the next i could measure the vertical growth with a ruler

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of the time people are just fraging small mini colonies or large frags too often and none of the stock is coming off of good growing nice sized colonies. If some of these frags were to come from colonies that are larger and were cute from new growth I don’t think people would have as many issues getting frags to grow. Little nubby fragments hurts the whole situation as well. Just my thoughts on it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back