Max Nano Sump Working?

zachcmcintyre

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a used max nano 20 gal. I currently also have a waterbox 25. I have never used a sump before and have no idea if it is working. I have it placed in the back and I have the box on top with the lid. I have the power connected and it is on as I can feel it working. Is there supposed to be water in the box or at least a little bit? It is dry. Like I said, have never had a sump before. I have no problem buying another on or upgrading to something different.
 
I just got a used max nano 20 gal. I currently also have a waterbox 25. I have never used a sump before and have no idea if it is working. I have it placed in the back and I have the box on top with the lid. I have the power connected and it is on as I can feel it working. Is there supposed to be water in the box or at least a little bit? It is dry. Like I said, have never had a sump before. I have no problem buying another on or upgrading to something different.
Boh the max nano and the Waterbox 25 are AOI (all in one) reef ready aquariums and do not require a sump. A sump is plumbed into an aquarium and is normally underneath the main display - water flows through an overflow box and down to the sump via gravity and is returned to the main display via a return pump.


As for your aquariums, they have chambers that act as sumps - you need to continue to add water to the main display and allow it to overflow into the back chambers until the return pump chamber (last chamber) has enough water to pump back into the main display.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new