Maxi doser and profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fly in the ointment, for using the Maxi Doser for AWC. I just realized that the dosing pumps will continue to run, even after they know that their container is empty. This is bad. If your salt water container runs dry, both the fill and drain pumps will continue to run on whatever schedule you set up for AWC. I think they should stop running. I could see why it wouldn't be a problem if a pump continued to run if you're using it for dosing or something, but it is a problem in this case.

Can anyone think of a way around this? I thought I'd use programmable logic to control the pump and it would shut off if the pump was in an alarm state due to an empty container, but it looks like PL can't access dosing pump alarm states.

I think I could add a level sensor to my mixing tank and work off that, but that's one more possible point of failure and adds complexity. I don't get why you can't have the pump shut off if it knows the container it draw from is empty (or the container it's filling is full).

I guess I'll enter a support ticket on this.
I use an optical sensor in my mixing/storage bin. It does add complexity, but here is my logic. My storage container can hold 100 gallons. I have the optical sensor at the 20 gallon level. I get an alarm. You can stop the pumps too. I use to do that. Once the alarm triggers I have about 2 days worth of premixed water left. What this does is it lets me know to refill the mixing/storage container before it is dry. I have the level alarm so I have to reset it. It doesn't reset itself after filling. I'd rather it not go dry and then get an alarm.

Kens Bees

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just setup an AWC that's working, to a point. Two sensors, manual start of the water change until I get this figured out.
I start the change, the drain pump kicks on and empties out just as it should. The fill pump kicks on and starts filling, but shuts off about halfway through filling what was taken. I've increased the max on time to what should allow way more than needed, but it still won't refill all the way. I tried the pump as an Always On and it runs as it should.

Sorry to derail a maxi doser thread but was curious if anyone had thoughts?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Desired flow issue is fixed with next GCC 1.1.4.6 and included firmwares, available soon.

Gaël

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back