Maxi mini anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Husein
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Husein

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
38
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On live aquaria they said maxi mini can cos severe reaction on human.Someone know what is this about?Thank you
 
On live aquaria they said maxi mini can cos severe reaction on human.Someone know what is this about?Thank you
Basically if you handle it and it stings you, it can cause a severe skin reaction. It also depends on the person, some people can handle bubble tip anemones and be just fine, others touch them and their skin gets red and swollen and reacts. Maxi Mini's are more potent than bubble tips. Also because when a Maxi Mini grabs you, its hard to get it to let go without hurting you or the animal.
 
But they are not fatal to humans?Thank you
 
But they are not fatal to humans?Thank you
I wouldn't think fatal, but you could have a severe skin reaction that may require medical attention.
 
Thank you a lot.I am going for it.
 
Lol. Don’t let that deter you from getting one. If you are that worried their are ways to handle it without touching it with your bare hands.
 
I wear gloves when handling my rock flowers. I watch the vendors use bare hands, but I prefer not to. I also believe it may be better for the anemone to not have contact with my skin.
 
Well, the web site always put down all the cautions to avoid liability issue, I handled all anemones bare hand and nothing happened, I even frag Zoa with bare hand too LOL
 
Thank you guys.I went and got red one .
 
Here it is.It is rock flower

IMG_0231.jpg


IMG_0233.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new