Maxima clam flipping over after 2 years in same spot

Lou Raffael

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2016
Messages
93
Reaction score
36
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I've got a clam that has been doing great for about two years now. He was locked in a spot and looking great. I haven't changed anything in the tank but now I've found him flipped over in the sand bed each morning for the past two days. There is an algae problem in the tank that came up in the past few weeks that I'm working on, I'm wondering if some of it is bothering him and is on the move? Or is this signs of his upcoming demise? Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Maybe there might be some activity during the middle of the night causing the turn over of the clam. My derasa does get bulldozed every now and then when a clumsy hermit walks by. When my clam gets bumped over too much it takes me a quick second to readjust as needed.

Just a thought, but hope you find the source.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new