Maxima Coloring?

lilbitreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
251
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SoI have had my maxima for about a year. Hasn't grown much but opens up daily and cloes at night. I have noticed since a few weeks after I got it, it appeared to have browned out. It appears this dark brown I don't really know how to describe the color, it also has the bright dots, that can only been seen ocassionally or when a camera is used. I have a Geiseman vervve over it but I don't think that is strong enough. Anythoughts will do.

Nitrates=0
Phosphates=.5
Ca=410
alk=10

DSCN1059.jpg


DSCN1061.jpg
 
Tank might be too clean. These clams enjoy some DOC and small particulate nutrition.
 
Can you try moving the clam up?
I have not tried to move him, I think he may have attached to the bottom glass. Where could I move him to? I currently have an alge problem and can't manage to increase my nitrates at this time. I am playing a balance game right now trying to get it under control.
 
I do use reef roids and mysis shrimp for feeding the live stock and other corals.
 
Hopefully hes not attatched to the glass or youll have to carefully cut the byssal threads as close to the glass as possible. Then get him attatched to a cradle shaped rock. Once hes attatched i would then move him slowly up towards the top but not all at once.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new