Maxima colors and patterns - photo ontributions wanted!

Clammy_Bubbles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know Maximas come in an almost infinite array of colors and patterns, but I'd like to try and start gathering photos to catalogue these differences and create an "industry standard" to describe these creatures for when they are listed for sale and described by us, their caretakers. Looking all over, I find multiple clams that look almost identical are being sold under various trade names, (I.e. lightning, laser, teardrop, leopard, etc) and it's confusing to the average buyer. So clamkeepers, please post or send me your photos so I can start the compilation for all our benefit and hopefully create an industry standard for descriptions of our bivalve beauties.
Warning, I will be using many of the photos for the website, so if you'd like credit for the photo, please send me your full name and location, as well as the lighting the clam is kept under and its age under your care. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new