Maxima dieing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paxthemax
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paxthemax

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
57
Location
Sacramento, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this maxima done for or what can I do?
20190515_093639_001.jpg

It's an ORA blue maxima that I've had for roughly 5-6 weeks. It looked fine last night before I went to bed, 2200ish and at 0930 it looked like the above picture. I have a smaller squamosa about 3" away open and loving life.
20190510_155137.jpg

20190510_155107.jpg

1557938801797439491446621213619.jpg

Any help is appreciated
 
I got it from the local LFS. They just recently started getting in ORA livestock.

For the future, what can cause this and what can I do to stop it?
 
I got it from the local LFS. They just recently started getting in ORA livestock.

For the future, what can cause this and what can I do to stop it?
Well maximas need to be on rocks not sand. And your phosphates are crazy high. So I’d get your phosphates down to 0.03 and put it on a rock next time.
 
Man to be honest idk what’s going on with these clams, I have a 3 year old Maxima still strong in my tank got a crocea like 5-6 months ago died in 1 week, went for a derasa about 2 months ago died in 3-4 weeks I’m done sticking to my only Maxima although I want a derasa so bad
 
It’s hard to say. A wild clam may have difficulty to adjust to aquarium environment. Your clam may carry clam diseases or parasites in a closed environment could turn fatal. If you can get healthy clam and provide good, adequate lighting it should do fine.
 
I got it from the local LFS. They just recently started getting in ORA livestock.

For the future, what can cause this and what can I do to stop it?
I honestly think your LFS sold you a wild clam, not ORA. Might not have been on purpose. I would look into Pacific east aquaculture, they sell healthy cultured clams.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new