Maxima don't open

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tridacna.jpg

this is my new maxima clam, it doesn't open.
I searching for pyramidellidae snails or other diseases but I can't find anything.
have you any suggestions?

Ph8.0
kh10
ca 440
mg 1470
po4 0,075
no3 <0,5

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tridacna.jpg

this is my new maxima clam, it doesn't open.
I searching for pyramidellidae snails or other diseases but I can't find anything.
have you any suggestions?

Ph8.0
kh10
ca 440
mg 1470
po4 0,075
no3 <0,5
Are you sure it’s a maxima? Maxima have cups/ridges on the outside of the shell. Where did you get it from and when? Is it attached to the disk? Not glued down right?

OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy it from my vendor one week ago, the day after they arrived from Polinesia.
the shells are brushed very well when I buy it, there was clean white, he sold it to me as maxima clam.
it's not my first clam, so I put it on the disk.
No, i's not glued

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Maxima. How long have you have him? was he shipped to you?
The only think that youc an do is to provide good stable water for him and hope he recover from the stress of shipping.
Reasonable temperature of less than 82, stable water condition, good Ca and alkalinity is what he needed, not too much current and nothing pestering him.

There are several injury on the mantels, looks like bite ripped out of his mantels. Are you sure none of your fish is nipping at him?

The shell have not show new growth for a while. If this is the case, you need to provide optimal condition for him quickly, he may not have long. Good luck with him.

If water and light is up to par, I would protect him with a egg crate box to keep fish from pick at him for now.
These are bite marks, semicircle removal of mantel from the edge.
Mantel injury Tridacna.jpg

OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Maxima. How long have you have him? was he shipped to you?
The only think that youc an do is to provide good stable water for him and hope he recover from the stress of shipping.
Reasonable temperature of less than 82, stable water condition, good Ca and alkalinity is what he needed, not too much current and nothing pestering him.

There are several injury on the mantels, looks like bite ripped out of his mantels. Are you sure none of your fish is nipping at him?

The shell have not show new growth for a while. If this is the case, you need to provide optimal condition for him quickly, he may not have long. Good luck with him.

If water and light is up to par, I would protect him with a egg crate box to keep fish from pick at him for now.

1 week in my tank... so probably is shipping stress

it had the injuries before I bought it, my fish didn't bite it (I have only leucosternon and chromis viridis).

I will continue to dose phyto

OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my clam now...

After one month, i can't see growt...

And a picture of my coral (only white LED) And it grow fast

IMG_20201023_214516.jpg 16034824135401654139685.jpg

OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Labroides dimidiatus. I have one in my tank. It's a problem for my clam? I didn't see the fish bite it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • None.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.8%
Back