Maxima Somewhat closed during the day and more open at night?

reefandreptileautomation

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Messages
261
Reaction score
128
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have 3 clams. 1 Maxima (2"), 1 Maxima (3.5"), and 1 squamosa clam (5"). The 2" Maxima and the 5" squamosa are doing wonderful. They open fully and are "happy as a clam". I have had the squammy for about 5 months and the 2" for about a week. My issue is related to the 3.5. It barely opens up during the day and surprisingly opens a lot more during the night. The clam is at about 150 par and has light flow over it. It is actually sitting right next to the 2". My parameters are very stable and it is a well established 7 year old tank. I have SPS and all sorts of other corals and everything is doing well. I have had this maxima for about a month now and haven't seen it open much during the day.

Anything I can check? Any other suggestions? Is it getting too much light somehow?

IMG_4238.JPG
 
Is it a new clam? 150 par is not a lot of light for a Maxima
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new