Maxspect battery backup

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the battery backup is no longer available. No body has it in stock and bulk reef supply lists it as discontinued. Is there a new one coming out? If so when. If not can I replace the battery in my one existing back up?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support. Sorry that we do not manufacture nor sell backup battery, as you know, it has a high requirement on the safety issue in manuafacturing and transporting batteries. But some of our distributors may be selling them, such as Coralvue in USA, and please kindly check with them.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support. Sorry that we do not manufacture nor sell backup battery, as you know, it has a high requirement on the safety issue in manuafacturing and transporting batteries. But some of our distributors may be selling them, such as Coralvue in USA, and please kindly check with them.
The icecap battery backup is made by your company isn't it? It's listed on your website. https://www.coralvue.com/icecap-battery-backup

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know. That's why I posted the question in the coralvue forum. I'm guessing you don't have an answer. To be honest that's not very encuriging.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the battery backup is no longer available. No body has it in stock and bulk reef supply lists it as discontinued. Is there a new one coming out? If so when. If not can I replace the battery in my one existing back up?

Thank you for your question. There is indeed a new version of the IceCap battery backup that will be released soon. To be honest, I thought we'd already received the new versions. Maybe I am mistaken or perhaps they were left out of our last shipment. I am checking with headquarters and will get back to you as soon as I hear back (may be tomorrow, we'll see if they're burning the midnight oil over there!).

Yes I know. That's why I posted the question in the coralvue forum. I'm guessing you don't have an answer. To be honest that's not very encuriging.

I can see why this may be confusing.

Channels%201B.png

Maxspect is the manufacturer of the Gyre pumps you are likely using. IceCap is another manufacturer and the maker of the battery backup. Our relationship to both is that we are the US distributor. Our relationship is like Level 2 on the infographic above.

In any case, Maxspect isn't necessarily aware of all that IceCap is working on or vice-versa. But there are indeed new battery backups from IceCap on the way that are compatible with your Gyres. I will follow up once I hear an ETA back.

I believe Maxspect is nested under our family of brands here on R2R because, at one time, we paid for the sponsorship but now they do so they have more autonomy. Some companies aren't so hands-on so it's terrific that they take such an active role here!

Hopefully that clarifies things to some degree!

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your question. There is indeed a new version of the IceCap battery backup that will be released soon. To be honest, I thought we'd already received the new versions. Maybe I am mistaken or perhaps they were left out of our last shipment. I am checking with headquarters and will get back to you as soon as I hear back (may be tomorrow, we'll see if they're burning the midnight oil over there!).

I can see why this may be confusing.

Channels%201B.png

Maxspect is the manufacturer of the Gyre pumps you are likely using. IceCap is another manufacturer and the maker of the battery backup. Our relationship to both is that we are the US distributor. Our relationship is like Level 2 on the infographic above.

In any case, Maxspect isn't necessarily aware of all that IceCap is working on or vice-versa. But there are indeed new battery backups from IceCap on the way that are compatible with your Gyres. I will follow up once I hear an ETA back.

I believe Maxspect is nested under our family of brands here on R2R because, at one time, we paid for the sponsorship but now they do so they have more autonomy. Some companies aren't so hands-on so it's terrific that they take such an active role here!

Hopefully that clarifies things to some degree!
Thank you! Appreciate the clarification!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ETA for the new batteries is December 27th.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you that helps. I am in the process of upgrading tanks and purchasing more/larger gyres but if a battery backup wasn't going to be available then I would have had to switch to something else. I am glad it is.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jeff - any update on this?

Oh, my! I am sorry I left you hanging. I did not receive a response back yet, so I sent in another request to find out. Thank you for following up with me. Hang tight! I shall return with answers...

Back