Maxspect Gyre 300 Cloud Edition features multi directional flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect has once again knocked it out of the park with news of their latest generation flagship wavemaker, the Gyre 300 Cloud Edition. As the name suggests, Cloud Edition will allow for control from anywhere in the world via the new Cloud Enabled controller and the Syna-G app, but also includes touch control and a…
Source

Continue reading...

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m bumping this. I have 2, XF350’s on a Hydros Wave Engine and honestly I find the pumps to be finicky, a PITA to clean, and that they need to be cleaned monthly or they run at 50%. In fact I need to clean them today which will take hours as they always give an error code after being cleaned.

Are these new pumps just a fancy new flow diverter and a new controller or did they make meaningful changes to them?

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m bumping this. I have 2, XF350’s on a Hydros Wave Engine and honestly I find the pumps to be finicky, a PITA to clean, and that they need to be cleaned monthly or they run at 50%. In fact I need to clean them today which will take hours as they always give an error code after being cleaned.

Are these new pumps just a fancy new flow diverter and a new controller or did they make meaningful changes to them?
I'll find out next week. I'll be the guinea pig. I will be severely disappointed if this is true.

payrawsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is the same. Only difference is the flow directors and built in wifi. They will likely sell the flow directors separately at some point.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got rid of mine due to the impeller issue. Hesitantly bought the Red Sea version sort of assuming they would have the same issue. Have been pleasantly surprised. Have only had to clean twice in 15 months of continuous use.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really prefer my RedSea over the Maxspect. Like others have said, the Maxspect design is a PITA. RedSea have the color coded impellers which make things much easier and all the pieces come apart (and back together) easily.

I look forward to seeing how the new Maxspects work for everyone though!

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got rid of mine due to the impeller issue. Hesitantly bought the Red Sea version sort of assuming they would have the same issue. Have been pleasantly surprised. Have only had to clean twice in 15 months of continuous use.
That's insane...good for you! Both my RedSea and Maxspect have to be cleaned regularly (2-3 weeks max). However, my lighting is fairly intense for Acropora on both tanks.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well dang guys. Thanks. Could have told me earlier. I'm kidding. I already have the wave engine and the adapters so I'll give it a try

reefrider777

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using these new ones for a week and they are great. They are replacing a 150 and 250. I never had issues with my 150 or 250. I took them apart and cleaned them every other month. Great products!

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I just ordered one last night. I will be severely disappointed if they use the same impeller. That thing has three moving parts on it. It's an absolute s*** show of a design.
Yes, I wish they spend some effort on improving the motor.
I purchased a new pump last month and they did redesigned the Motor Doors with actually O-rings and they are way better than the older style.
Hopefully they will do something with the motor block to with the frequent cleaning (or the flows virtually down to zero).

Screenshot_20221123_141149_Chrome.jpg xf350shaft-and-bushing-set.jpg maxspect-gyre-350-axe-moteur.jpg

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Spare blades are your friends. Easy to reach in, take apart, swap, and reset. Toss the ones just replaced into a bucket of citric acid for 24 hours, rinse, and save for the next month. That is the only reason why I still use gyres. If I didn't have spares they would be in the garbage bin.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, I wish they spend some effort on improving the motor.
I purchased a new pump last month and they did redesigned the Motor Doors with actually O-rings and they are way better than the older style.
Hopefully they will do something with the motor block to with the frequent cleaning (or the flows virtually down to zero).

Screenshot_20221123_141149_Chrome.jpg xf350shaft-and-bushing-set.jpg maxspect-gyre-350-axe-moteur.jpg
Yeah that's much much much different than the garbage impellers I have.

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the new impeller assembly is much better. It makes the pump reassembled much easier plus I think it keeps the Propeller centered and not making so much noise.
Unfortunately, they don't have any spare/replacement available right now. I actually bought another pump just to have the Propeller

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys know if you can run these new XF350 cloud pumps off the older controller or run an older pump on the new cloud controller? I have 2 old XF350 and one is giving me issues. On the cusp of what route I need to take.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back