Maxspect Gyre 300 Cloud Edition features multi directional flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the new impeller assembly is much better. It makes the pump reassembled much easier plus I think it keeps the Propeller centered and not making so much noise.
Unfortunately, they don't have any spare/replacement available right now. I actually bought another pump just to have the Propeller

So no spares? Bummer :(

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spare blades are your friends. Easy to reach in, take apart, swap, and reset. Toss the ones just replaced into a bucket of citric acid for 24 hours, rinse, and save for the next month. That is the only reason why I still use gyres. If I didn't have spares they would be in the garbage bin.
I have spare blades and all manner of spare parts …the magnetic motor block strips constantly so I have to keep 2-3 in stock at all times. The amount I have spent on upkeep on these I should have just gotten 2 MP60’s which is what my gut said.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spare blades and all manner of spare parts …the magnetic motor block strips constantly so I have to keep 2-3 in stock at all times. The amount I have spent on upkeep on these I should have just gotten 2 MP60’s which is what my gut said.

Ah, sorry to hear. I was running 2 x XF280's for a good while and didn't like the cleaning maintenance when it came time to do that. Tear down and reassembly was always a chore just because of how fidgety it was to put back together. One of the XF280's started to show exposed wires on the block so I canned that one for spare parts and now use it for the remaining one. I added a 4k gyre and a wave engine le so I could control both. The 4k came with spare parts so now between the two I just do everything over the display, reset, then soak. So far it is working ok.

I hear you though. Sounds like you had a rougher time than I. The laminar flow is hard to beat. Using the maxspect controller getting a standing wave, left and right pulse pattern, was a joy. The wave engine LE is limited and I'm not able to get similar results.

Oh well - didn't mean to derail.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, sorry to hear. I was running 2 x XF280's for a good while and didn't like the cleaning maintenance when it came time to do that. Tear down and reassembly was always a chore just because of how fidgety it was to put back together. One of the XF280's started to show exposed wires on the block so I canned that one for spare parts and now use it for the remaining one. I added a 4k gyre and a wave engine le so I could control both. The 4k came with spare parts so now between the two I just do everything over the display, reset, then soak. So far it is working ok.

I hear you though. Sounds like you had a rougher time than I. The laminar flow is hard to beat. Using the maxspect controller getting a standing wave, left and right pulse pattern, was a joy. The wave engine LE is limited and I'm not able to get similar results.

Oh well - didn't mean to derail.
I really wanted to love them. The flow is really great when they’re working. They’re not quiet but compared to 2, MP60’s they are. I have a clean tank. Exceptionally clean. I don’t know why they act this way. Clean them, put them back together, get an error. Adjust adjust adjust. Error. Cycle repeats for 2 minutes to several hours. Then there’s the stripped shafts which seems to happen a few times a year.

The wave engine helped things. Prior to it I lost 2 controllers due to internal components dying….but about a month ago I lost one of the wave engine ports. Luckily I only need 2.

I’m really torn here on whether to buy a new set of Gyre’s and rotate them in/and out every month (which is difficult on my tank) or scrap it and go with the MP60’s.

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a 6 month old FX350 impala die and the motor is toast.
I am in NZ and the supplier - small - can not replace it, he is offering Jebao at half price.... I have to buy Jebao set for half price when this is under warrantee. LOL

Is the new pump able to run from the old controller? If so i may just buy a new XF350 cloud pump.
But need to know if it will run on the old controller...

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in NZ and the supplier - small - can not replace it, he is offering Jebao at half price.... I have to buy Jebao set for half price when this is under warrantee. LOL

Is the new pump able to run from the old controller? If so i may just buy a new XF350 cloud pump.

I asked the same question back in Feb. post #20. No answer. I was hoping somebody would chime in.

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I asked the same question back in Feb. post #20. No answer. I was hoping somebody would chime in.

Yes they fit/run with the old controller or Hydros. I just swapped out some of mine for the new Cloud version. Its even better now for shallow frag tanks being able to adjust directions of 4 different flows (up/down, Left/Right) instead of just up/down. Now to sell off the old pumps/controllers

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they fit/run with the old controller or Hydros. I just swapped out some of mine for the new Cloud version. Its even better now for shallow frag tanks being able to adjust directions of 4 different flows (up/down, Left/Right) instead of just up/down. Now to sell off the old pumps/controllers
Thanks for the update. It’s nice to know you can upgrade one piece at a time as needed.

I bet! The flow direction option looks awesome.

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost a year from last responses... those who have bought the new ones, how are they holding up after almost a year? Lotta mixed reviews on these.

Is the maintenance easier and less frequent?

Is the wifi reconnection after cleaning still an issue for most people?

For the advanced cloud controller, is there an option to keep the display on permanently or does it turn off after a few seconds of no activity?

Does the controller display only the percentages you dial it to, or does it automatically adjust the percentage down as the impellers get dirtier over time? If not, does the controller display energy consumption?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back