Maxspect Gyre Club Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ericsch333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing i didn't think about was how nice my tank looks with out any powerheads in it.you dont even see the riptide

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second that gyro, man, I'm hungry now. Oh yeah...and I just bought a GYRE!!! I'm in da club now! Now lets hope it's lives up to the hype!

twiddledog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 gal 6'x2'2' tank and have no idea how many or what size to get but definitely interested. Mixed reef dominated by SPS. Currently using 1-MP40, 1 Tunze 6105, 1 Koalia 4..I need more flow.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Maxspect Gyre Generator Review (Short with video!)

I've recently installed the Maxspect Gyre Generator, and in short I love it. It ended up doing more than I anticipated, and I had some concern because I had to position it vertically, as opposed (To what I feel as a better idea) horizontally. In the video below, what I want everyone to notice is the debris flying around. I had just done some clean up, and thought this a perfect opportunity for people to spot the flow pattern. I have it set to pulsate (Very slowly) at about 50% power. This is in my 100G half-cylinder. I truly believe this is a wonderful product for my specific needs (I believe the fish and coral like it more than my original set up of a single Reeflo dart hybrid with two sea swirls). I apologize for the quality of the video, I posted it up in a bit of a hurry as I am tending to my sick four year-old (Stomach bug, yuck!).

[video=youtube_share;xdjfNXfhqec]http://youtu.be/xdjfNXfhqec[/video]

I do hear the pump running some, but given the rest of my equipment, like my skimmer and my currently troublesome Mag 12, it's silent. When I get my other pump issues fixed, I'm sure it'll still be silent in comparison. Also, Chris from CoralVue has stated that it will get a lot quieter as the pump breaks in... so there's that good piece of news.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would love to see any videos of the Gyre in action. Feel free to post them here.

We have a new shipment of these landing tomorrow in our warehouse. All open orders will ship out tomorrow. If you want one of these then go ahead and order it and we will ship it tomorrow. Here's the link to make it easy on you. Just as an FYI, these will not qualify for any Black Friday deals form any of the vendors that carry them. In other words, there is no reason to wait if you want one.

Maxspect Gyre Generator Flow Pump

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gyro.jpg

Got my gyro!

This picture just made me get up off of my seat at the airport and walk to the food court.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back