Maxspect Gyre Head

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtcplumb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtcplumb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
4
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon salt water reef and fish tank set up. I purchased a gyre heads a 130 and 150. I have dual corner returns on each side. I know the best size is the 150 and best place is horizontal on side blowing across tank. problem is the 150 will not fit I only have 9 1/2 inches to do so. The 150 is bigger and I think I can fit the smaller one in there. My question is which one to use that will be most effective. Has anyone installed gyre vertically along front of tank ? How is flow like that ? I am leaning more towards the 130 horizontally. I may think of buying another 130 and placin one on each side of tank. Please help. Thanks John
 
I have a 125 gallon salt water reef and fish tank set up. I purchased a gyre heads a 130 and 150. I have dual corner returns on each side. I know the best size is the 150 and best place is horizontal on side blowing across tank. problem is the 150 will not fit I only have 9 1/2 inches to do so. The 150 is bigger and I think I can fit the smaller one in there. My question is which one to use that will be most effective. Has anyone installed gyre vertically along front of tank ? How is flow like that ? I am leaning more towards the 130 horizontally. I may think of buying another 130 and placin one on each side of tank. Please help. Thanks John
I have the exact same issue, I have my 150 running vertically and seems to be doing great but have thought about getting a 130 so I could run it horizontally but not sure if one is enough or if should do the one on each side. I will be following to see what feedback you get.
 
E mail Coral vue I am sure they will answer you
Thanks I called yesterday had to leave a message and they called back few hours later and I missed the call. I want to install either one this weekend and they are not opened. I will keep you posted.
 
I have the exact same issue, I have my 150 running vertically and seems to be doing great but have thought about getting a 130 so I could run it horizontally but not sure if one is enough or if should do the one on each side. I will be following to see what feedback you get.
Thanks. I was thinking of vertical but it seems like horizontal is best and I am sure I will probably end up buying another 130 knowing me. And can create a wave with two. I will keep you posted
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new