Maxspect Gyre micro-bubbles

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new Grye that is spitting microbubbles from one side. Anyone have this issue? I've contacted @CoralVue and they said that it was sucking air from the surface and I should lower it to 4". I lowered it to 6" and its still collecting bubbles. They said i can ship it to them to inspect but I can't do that or I won't have a pump in the meantime.

They continue to say that it must be getting air from the surface as there is on other way it could spit bubbles....if this was the case, wouldn't it be from both sides?

I feel like Coralvue is just giving me the runaround.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a brand new Grye that is spitting microbubbles from one side. Anyone have this issue? I've contacted @CoralVue and they said that it was sucking air from the surface and I should lower it to 4". I lowered it to 6" and its still collecting bubbles. They said i can ship it to them to inspect but I can't do that or I won't have a pump in the meantime.

They continue to say that it must be getting air from the surface as there is on other way it could spit bubbles....if this was the case, wouldn't it be from both sides?

I feel like Coralvue is just giving me the runaround.
It has to be getting bubbles from the surface (or somewhere). There is no way that the Gyre itself can cause 'bubbles'. Its also possible that the bubbles are coming from a totally different place and the gyre is just pushing them around. Have you tried turning off the Gyre - and the bubbles go away? Since the whole product is underwater I also do not think Coralvue is giving you the runaround. There has to be another piece missing. For example - is it possible that one side is a little dirty - and spinning 'more'. Is it possible you could post a video??

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pic or video? If you recently cleaned it then it could have some air trapped in the impeller but normally clears in seconds. Otherwise there are very few places to draw air other than vortex from surface. Since you are already 4-6” below water surface try swinging the unit around to dislocate any trapped bubbles.

Winnie-Maxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can you please provide us picture or video about this problem?
If you haven't solve the problem, please feel free to send email to [email protected]. Our customer service will be glad to help.
Thanks.

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem. It's not pulling any bubbles from the surface. Blades are cavitating. I'm gonna switch blade rotors and see if that helps. Very annoying.

Spartan76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have same issue - it’s cavitation. Not from air vortex. Some design flaw probably? But just occurring when I swapped out the original cylinder blades for new ones.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after cleaning the blades/gyre, going through same issue with mine as well... anyone resolve this w/o replacing the blades?

Ev8siveaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having this same problem with mine and it's really annoying. If I shut it off and let the bubbles surface it will be fine for a little bit but then just go back to spitting out microbubbles. It's not pulling from the surface. Has anyone fixed this issue?

I am running the black blades and not the orange ones.

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with cavitation with the icecap gyres. One of the perks of these is the advanced programming with Hydros. I use the following schedule to stop the gyres for 5 seconds every 10 minutes. A small bit of bubbles always floats to the top after shutting them off, even this often.

8DD61FC9-5864-4866-A2A5-6B804C2D1C07.png

ECA24C11-FF60-44CC-8CE3-58D0D59D6B06.png

i_SPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the orange blades in mine with the mesh covers. I’ve never had bubbles unless it was too close to the surface.
What angle do you have the blades set to?

Ev8siveaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with cavitation with the icecap gyres. One of the perks of these is the advanced programming with Hydros. I use the following schedule to stop the gyres for 5 seconds every 10 minutes. A small bit of bubbles always floats to the top after shutting them off, even this often.

8DD61FC9-5864-4866-A2A5-6B804C2D1C07.png

ECA24C11-FF60-44CC-8CE3-58D0D59D6B06.png
This is a great idea. I may need to do this. Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back