Maxspect Gyre reviews

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreyC2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have been running the max spec 150 since a month after it came out. Last December got it working. It was very loud at first. Got the dampening magnet and helped a ton. I have a 7ft long tank and it is powerful. However, I do tidal wave movements. So, pairing with my Tunzes on one side and this on the other, my animals have been happy. I run off my apex for power as it is only on half the day.

I have had to regularly clean it, but it is pretty easy to clean. Unless you have the space and need the power, these could be overkill. However, so far it has done its job with no issues.
 
In my 300 I keep it on 60% any more my Lps are ******
One is enough for your 300? I bought two for my 300 gallon build (96 x 30 x 24 tall) and wasn't sure if I should put them at opposite ends, put them side by side, or put one on the top left and one on the bottom right to help complete the gyre (in case it loses power travelling the 8 ft distance).

Any suggestions?
 
Update, the powercord on the pump frayed on the end that is in the tank. Wires were showing see pic.

I contacted CoralVue and they sent me out a new pump (just the actual pump motor) immediately. Great customer service. Glad I found the issue while cleaning it, but it was taken care of very fast.

20151112_093814.jpg
 
I have the 130 on my 40b and it is perfect. I highly recommend the gyre
 
I have both 130 and 150
130 on a cube and 130 on 36 "
Horizontal on both
Tried vertical on the cube but corals hated it
You have the find the sweet spot where you have the flow you want but no sand rearangement.
I do have a bit of a dead spot on the far side of the long so either have to rearrange the rocks or some other solution on that side
Getting an ice cap for the Apex
Would benefit from controllable features like ramping up at noon and then low at his.
Love the gyre
 
I figured since they asked for no pic and just sent it, it had been an issue. I give them credit for the service.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new