Maxspect Gyre XF130 Red Blinking Light

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my gyre 130 for almost a year and a half. When they released the rugged propellers for the 130 I purchased them and have been very happy. I usually clean the gyre once a month (remove the cages and propellers soak in vinegar and water solution, brush everything and reassemble. I have never had any issues.

As it was time to clean the gyre I decided to order the new rugged bushing for the propellers (which were not released or sold at the same time as the rugged propellers) and new cage and motor block/shaft bushings.

I was not able to change the motor block/shaft bushings because I cannot remove the motor block door. I am trying to remove it from the correct side, the side with the M for the maxspect logo. All of my needle nose pliers are too big to get a hold, and my fly fishing forceps keep slipping. It will not budge.

I reassembled without changing the motor block/shaft bushings. After reassembly I have the red blinking light. I removed the rugged propeller bushings and swapped with originals and still get the red light. I swapped back original cage bushings and still get the red light. Everything is installed correctly, A prop with A cage, B with B. All in the correct side. I run my gyre very low at a pulse very 10 seconds roughly.

I created a ticket last night, but do not have my receipt/proof of purchase. I am the original owner.

I can get the gyre to work and the motor to run without the cages on but then it reverts to the red blinking light after a few seconds.

Help?!? How do I remove the motor block door on the xf130? The manual instructions say to the pull the block door with pliers on the side of the M with the maxspect logo. It wont budge and I am kind of destroying the motor block door "star arms" if that makes sense. I feel like this is my issue because its the only thing I have not been able to trouble shoot.

Mopartech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 150 I just push down on the opposite end ( side opposite the M) against a table. The cage will pop up and I can remove it with a needle nose pliers. Just make sure you're pushing straight down on the shaft. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Ligershark

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the motor block door off and changed the shaft bushings. Turns out on the xf130 or at least on my particular pump the door is on the opposite side of the xf150. No youtube videos or even the manual show that or state that. o_O

I reassemble, and get red blinking light. Propellers without cages will allow the motor to run for a couple seconds, as soon as i put the cages on i get the red light.

jeffmr4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The door on my xf130 is also on the right side. The video clearly shows to remove it from the left. I damaged the left motor block cover trying to pull it out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back