Maxspect Jump Gyre 2k controllability?

bruced1000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my hands on a Maxspect Jump Gyre 2K yesterday, and have been very impressed with the build quality. I am replacing a AI Nero 3 in my Waterbox 20, as i felt there wasn't even enough flow throughout the whole tank.

My issue is that the lowest speed you can set the Gyre to is 10% on constant, and 20% on other modes. This is just ever so slighty too powerful on constant, would be fine if it was max 10% speed on pulsing.

A bit annoying as I am kind of stuck with it.. I really like the look of the Icecap 2k Wifi model which appears to have much more controllability through the app, however these are not available in the UK without large import fees. Even if i could get my hands on an ICECAP controller, I wonder if the Maxspect pumps would work with it, as they're essentially the same thing?

Does anyone know of anything I could try to fix this issue? I really don't want to have to sell it straight away.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other option I know is Apex+VDM module which would not be cheaper.

DarkTonio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my hands on a Maxspect Jump Gyre 2K yesterday, and have been very impressed with the build quality….
Hello did you get an answer to your question? I have the same query: can you control a Maxspect Jump pump with a Coralvue icecap wifi dual pump controller? Both gyre pumps (icecap and Maxspect) do look exactly the same…

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back