Maxspect Jump Gyre 4K: battery backup & controller options?

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Maxspect Jump Gyre 4K. I like the controller it comes with but I would like to hook this up to a battery backup.

I know the Jump gyres look a lot like the IceCap gyres but I haven’t found anything definitive saying they are interchangeable when it comes to controllers or battery backup.

Does anyone know:
1. What battery backup works? the IceCap v3 battery backup has a 12V output and it’s outdated website says all MaxSpect gyres, but this is was before the Jump gyres. The Jumps use a 24v output but I have no idea if their included controller senses 12 v and runs a lower speed.
2. Does the IceCap gyre interface that works with Apex work with the Jump gyre 4K? I see different versions so I’m also confused which if any work?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

ghostwheel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be easier to make battery pack before 110v that will up whole system or something like that

Mini UPS Battery Backup 37Wh Uninterruptible Power Supply for Router, Modem, Security Camera with Input 12V DC Output 12V DC 3A 2A 1A​

OP
OP
C

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up making my own backup that lasted 38 hours in full normal operating mode. I made a DIY post here, in case someone want to make one, too.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back