Maxspect Jump Gyre 4K: battery backup & controller options?

ConsummatePro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2018
Messages
138
Reaction score
114
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Maxspect Jump Gyre 4K. I like the controller it comes with but I would like to hook this up to a battery backup.

I know the Jump gyres look a lot like the IceCap gyres but I haven’t found anything definitive saying they are interchangeable when it comes to controllers or battery backup.



Does anyone know:
1. What battery backup works? the IceCap v3 battery backup has a 12V output and it’s outdated website says all MaxSpect gyres, but this is was before the Jump gyres. The Jumps use a 24v output but I have no idea if their included controller senses 12 v and runs a lower speed.
2. Does the IceCap gyre interface that works with Apex work with the Jump gyre 4K? I see different versions so I’m also confused which if any work?
 
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
 
I have the same questions. Bumping for (hopefully) answers :)
 
Will be easier to make battery pack before 110v that will up whole system or something like that Amazon product ASIN B09JBYZ4KQ

Mini UPS Battery Backup 37Wh Uninterruptible Power Supply for Router, Modem, Security Camera with Input 12V DC Output 12V DC 3A 2A 1A​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new