Maxspect R420R

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s about right because when the menu say turn led on it won’t do none so yeah am guessing it will be the problem and if I buy that and it won’t work I don’t think I can return it correct ?

Probably not. Perhaps try looking for a used light on the forums, eBay, CL, etc.

You can probably get a used light for the price of the board new. Then you will have other spare parts as well. Just a thought.

OP
OP
J

josemora9539

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. Perhaps try looking for a used light on the forums, eBay, CL, etc.

You can probably get a used light for the price of the board new. Then you will have other spare parts as well. Just a thought.

You think I can find a used one for parts only or what is it ?

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, maybe I didn't say that to well.
Buy a used light (same as what you have) that works, and us it on your tank.

Then keep your existing light for any spare parts you may need in the future.

Buying a used light that works MAY be cheaper than buying the board to fix yours.

OP
OP
J

josemora9539

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, maybe I didn't say that to well.
Buy a used light (same as what you have) that works, and us it on your tank.

Then keep your existing light for any spare parts you may need in the future.

Buying a used light that works MAY be cheaper than buying the board to fix yours.

I check and the board is only $50 I hope that works lol

Yellowjacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the Maxspec 420R Razor LED. I have had them for over 4 years. One of them died due to the power unit going out. So I contacted CoralVue and they have a deal where you can ship the unit back to them and they will overhaul it for a flat $100 plus $20 for shipping. They replaced both LED clusters, the lens covers and the power unit. That was the best way to go for me as the hood on my aquarium was built specifically to hold the Razor.

Talk to CoralVue as this might be the way to go for you.

OP
OP
J

josemora9539

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of the Maxspec 420R Razor LED. I have had them for over 4 years. One of them died due to the power unit going out. So I contacted CoralVue and they have a deal where you can ship the unit back to them and they will overhaul it for a flat $100 plus $20 for shipping. They replaced both LED clusters, the lens covers and the power unit. That was the best way to go for me as the hood on my aquarium was built specifically to hold the Razor.

Talk to CoralVue as this might be the way to go for you.

Hey my friend good morning so I talk to them and they say they will fix it for 100 + 20 shipping what do you think have you ever use them or no?

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did talk to them but my question is did they do a good job on it ??

They are the US distributors of Maxspect products and the only place authorized to do repairs and warranty work so I think you can trust your light would be rebuilt correctly.
You can order the parts individually and do the work yourself hoping you get the right part needed and not keep buying parts OR you can ship it to the distributor to allow their technicians to diagnose and repair the light correctly.
If I were you I would go to Coralvue.com and open a support portal ticket, The can issue a RMA # to get the unit back in for repair.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back