Maxspect RAZOR X R5 300W LED FIXTURE Review Please ??

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this Fixture just came out last year but there are not too many reviews on it! I mean out of Bulk reef supply who has 4 5 star ratings on the RAZOR X R5 300W LED FIXTURE but worried me is that Marine Depot has Zero, Saltwater.com, has zero reviews and so does a few other online stores. So out of all these distys that sell these RAZOR X R5 300W LED FIXTURE's don't have any reviews about them. What's up with that? If anyone one owns, one, would you let me know if you like it etc.

Maxspect RAZOR X R5 300W LED FIXTURE
211238-maxspect_r5-200_fr_1.jpg

Maxspect Razor X LED Light fixtures are made with the latest in LED technology, including Cree XT-E and XP-E LED chips that are distributed through 4 different controllable channels. Programming can be done through the onboard OLED control interface, or wirelessly with the addition of the optional Syna-G ICV6 Controller. Razor X Fixtures are made with architectural grade 6063 aluminum alloy keeping them lightweight, but also very strong while increasing heat transfer keeping the LEDs cool.

The LEDs selected for the Razor X were designed to help produce enhanced growth and coloration. Providing a full range of color keeps your corals growing fast, but also gives you the control to create the most aesthetically pleasing color combination for your reef. The Razor's spectrum ranges from all the way down to UV and super actinic 410nm LEDs up to deep red at 665nm and covers almost every color in the middle.

• Lightweight
  • Onboard Control
  • Wireless Capable
  • Connects with up to 32 RSX Fixtures
  • Enhances Growth & Coloration
  • Mimics natural Dawn to Dusk
  • Includes Mounting Legs
  • Utilizes Cree LEDs

Great for tanks up to 60" long!

The Maxspect Razor X 300w is perfect for any reef tank up to 48" long and will provide enough light to grow almost all type of coral. If you have a soft or LPS coral tank the 300w module can cover tanks up to 60" long with the extendable mounting legs.

Maximum Coverage - 72" x 26"

Effective Coverage - 64" x 22"

Built-In Control

Plug and Play operation means you do not have to purchase any additional controllers or software to operate and program the Razor X LED Fixtures. Each Razor X features an OLED monitor and control dial where you can easily program, and customize other settings and features of the LED fixture.

Wireless Control (optional)

On top of the onboard programming, every Razor X can be connected wirelessly to the Maxspect Syna-G ICV6 Connect Controller (sold separately) which will let you program and control each light from any Android or iOS device with the Syna-G app.

Master/Slave Connections

If you need multiple Razor X fixtures to cover your tank, you can connect 2 or more through the master/slave mode to control all of them through a single source. Just program the master and all the slaves will follow the master's program, saving you time, and eliminating possible programming mistakes.

Intelligent Temperature Control

The built-in temperature control system for the Razor X line of LED lights starts with the overall design of the light. As cool air is drawn up from underneath the fixture then flows through the body helping dissipate heat from the LEDs passively. The large body/heatsink is assisted by fans that help regulate the temperature even further. The fans will automatically engage when the temperature sensor reads over 131°F and will shut off when the temperature falls below 113°F keeping the operating range for the LEDs in a safe zone for a long reliable life.

LED Specifications:

Total Number of LEDs - 120

Number of Clusters - 6

LEDs per Cluster:

1x Violet (390-395nm)

1x Violet (400-405nm)

1x Violet (410-415nm)

1x Deep Blue (440-445nm)

6x Royal Blue (450-455nm)

4x Cool Blue (470-475nm)

1x Cyan (500-505nm)

2x Cool White (6500K)

2x Warm White (3000K)

1x Deep Red (660-665nm)

Four Programmable Channels

Channel A - Royal Blue & Cool White

Channel B - Royal Blue & Light Blue

Channel C - Deep Blue & Violet

Channel D - Deep Red, Cyan, & Warm White

Specifications:

Dimensions - 47.2" L x 10.2" W x 1.25" H

Power Consumption - 310W @ 120VAC

Warranty - 12 Months

What's Included?

1x 300W Razor LED Fixture

1x Power Supply

1x Mounting Leg Set

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see if we can get you some eye on this, and input:)

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for some replys too! This light has more colors than any I have seen! Some said tha t colors that dont look nice together shouldnt be on same channel though. Another light I thought it was genius that they put red and green together because you use both about the same percentage. I let a very expensive cobalt cray to by that I really like that had all these colors but the put purple and uv with red and blue with green and I figured it was for when they should the light at shows that the colors on the channels blend well together so someone today got a awesome light for 400.00 bucks with halo moonlights but I knew I would want to run uv and purple higher than red and same with blue green! Now I dont know hich to look for because al inmy price range have channels. I figured once the colors got in the tank it didin matter if they were on the same channel that they would all blend!.. I wish I would have got the z8 zetlight ufo. Marine and reef had it for 225,00 and different channels but I wanted to long and it sold out and everyone else wants 299.00 so I cant bring myself to pay it now..lol Its now either this or noopsysce or radions and I am real close to just getting the radions. I would get maxspect jump if they would ever release it. All the same colors buy with mounts and not on legs so looks much nicer in my opion and if I move them when I upgrade I could just add more

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. 2023 and hoping for the same info.
I bought it as a closeout 6 months ago. its over a 120G (59") tank. Its hung 12" above water line.
Light coverage is great and easily reaches the bottom (26") however, there is a design flaw. Had they mounted the LED pucks evenly across, they would have had great coverage. The light dims at the ends of the tank as the LED pucks are too far away from the center pucks. SUPER easy to program, super quite (the cooling fans have yet to turn on). A pretty good light. Would NOT have bought for the original $1200 or so. Got it at $600 delivered.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.3%
Back