Maxspect RSX 300W vs 3x reefled 90

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that care to explain?
I don't have either (which is why i went with the Radions), but the Red sea LEDs are rather bulky and lack any buttons or controls on the light itself to adjust (you need to always use the app).

Keep in-mind that I'm not anti-Red Sea or pro-Maxapect; I have a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL and use both Maxspect and Red Sea gyres.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 3 reefled 90 but i want to upgrade to different lighting

The radions are quite expensive thats why im curious about the maxpect one
Radion XR15/30 G5 Blues are kind of the "go-to" LED light right now. The Neptune SKY is also another option.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion XR15/30 G5 Blues are kind of the "go-to" LED light right now. The Neptune SKY is also another option.
Why the blues. The Pros give you more flexibility. I would only take the blues if i need to run the light at 100% and AB+ spectrum and nothing else.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the blues. The Pros give you more flexibility. I would only take the blues if i need to run the light at 100% and AB+ spectrum and nothing else.
Resale. You can basically mimic the Pros if you have to (or close to it) with the Blues. I don't run AB+, but I prefer more blues with my custom setting anyway. Plus more reefers want blues over pros, so there's more used demand for them.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was wondering which is better
Maxspect RSX 300W or 3x reefled 90
Any advice someone?

I don't have either (which is why i went with the Radions), but the Red sea LEDs are rather bulky and lack any buttons or controls on the light itself to adjust (you need to always use the app).

Keep in-mind that I'm not anti-Red Sea or pro-Maxapect; I have a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL and use both Maxspect and Red Sea gyres.

I have the Maxspect RSX 300w on my 110g.
I like it, my corals seem to like it so far too. Do like the streamline design a lot
Con is, as stated above, you need the app if you want to set a schedule, which means you also need to purchase the controller separately.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Maxspect has a better array of color and PAR and can be supplemented nicely with 1-2 Orphek OR3 bars

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resale. You can basically mimic the Pros if you have to (or close to it) with the Blues. I don't run AB+, but I prefer more blues with my custom setting anyway. Plus more reefers want blues over pros, so there's more used demand for them.
It's the other way around. You can mimick the blue's with the pro's (unless you run the blue's at 100%, then they have the upperhand in par).
With the blue's, if you want a more crispy whiter natural look than AB+ during some periods of the day, you are very limited.

And more reefers want the blues? Not the ones i know. :)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the other way around. You can mimick the blue's with the pro's (unless you run the blue's at 100%, then they have the upperhand in par).
With the blue's, if you want a more crispy whiter natural look than AB+ during some periods of the day, you are very limited.

And more reefers want the blues? Not the ones i know. :)
They're not the same mix of blues, but yes - to some extent. If the Pros are more desirable get those. Or the Neptune SKY.

Brymac1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run the Maxspect razor x 150w and 100w and love them. They have very good spread and decent output. They also have a decent amount of true UV if you think that’s important.

This was my tank that had the 150w. I was getting around 350 umol of par 1/3 of the way down and around 200 at the sand bed.
E102EA4E-6550-470C-8B3C-369770060000.jpeg

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, my corals seem to like it so far too. Do like the streamline design a lot
Con is, as stated above, you need the app if you want to set a schedule, which means you also need to purchase the controller separately.
Cant you set a schedule without?
I thought the app was for playing better with the light

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cant you set a schedule without?
I thought the app was for playing better with the light
No, not unless you have a smart plug or something of the like, and that will only give you on and off. No sunrise or sunset settings. So if you want any automation, you need the controller which is separate.
With as great of a light as it is, for the price, I would have wanted that to be integrated into the light.
Thankfully, I got mine as an open box sale and saved a couple hundred bucks.

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a picture for me of youre tank with those lights

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 71 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back