Maxspect Turbine Duo 9k

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone recently I finally went all in for a turbine duo it arrives in the coming days. Unfortunately I don’t see to many threads about them.

My plan is to do a dual set-up where one outlet will be used for my manifold which atm only is utilized as a for a dual gfo and carbon reactor.

The second out let will be used as the return

So my question lies in if a cap my manifold will that create to much back pressure and possibly damage the pump? Or can I say run the manifold into my sump and valve it to restrict some of the flow and just let it run it’s course through the sump before being cycle through the return or through the manifold once more. I don’t necessarily need a response on how I should modify my setup just would like to know if capping the manifold or restricting the flow would have any adverse effects

Tank is a 90gallon with a 30 gallon sump

jakeh22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s made for it but if you have a high flow rate like mine I couldn’t do it without tweaking my flow to my overflow. I have a 220cpr overflow on my 90gal with a icecap 36xl sump which is a monster so I have a lot of circulation around 2200gph. I am honestly not too impressed when it comes to the pump it’s not that strong at all

OP
OP
Littlemikey

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah currently I have it maxed on 3/4 piping with a manifold. I’m awaiting parts and going to go dual with the second being a return with no bends. And we shall see overall how this performs.

OP
OP
Littlemikey

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after getting all my pipework together I must say I’m happy.

I started by running a full 1 inch flex pipe to a 90 at the top of my tank with nozzle.

I then went on the second side and place 1 inch flex to my 3/4 manifold then up to the top.

Turned everything on and immediately had to run around and turn the pump back down so it’s running at half rate and has great flow very pleased. Seems the key is to use 1 inch or bigger off the pump and minimize 90s

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back