maxspect vs nyos skimmer

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those my only options
what will do the best job? ( performence) i know maxspect jump skimmer is a new skimmer but i really want only feedback with personal experince

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JUMP, and I love it.
Small footprint, dual pin wheel, DC controlled, float switch safety in the skimmer cup for under $400!

I have mine setup at 8.25" in sump, running at 80% - and I cant even hear it when my cabinet is closed (RSR XL200).

NYOS, was my next option, and I thought it was my only choice due to JUMP being sold out everywhere. Then I found it on AliExpress - I paid a little more due to shipping, but it arrived in 5-7 days (standard shipping option).

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size skimmer? I have a nyos 120 and it performs amazingly just definitely hear a slight hum over the rest of my dc pumps.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JUMP, and I love it.
Small footprint, dual pin wheel, DC controlled, float switch safety in the skimmer cup for under $400!

I have mine setup at 8.25" in sump, running at 80% - and I cant even hear it when my cabinet is closed (RSR XL200).

NYOS, was my next option, and I thought it was my only choice due to JUMP being sold out everywhere. Then I found it on AliExpress - I paid a little more due to shipping, but it arrived in 5-7 days (standard shipping option).
how long has it been running, i have had mine for i think 3-4 years running strong, so nyos reliable at least. Just a pretty honest opinion on it not trying to say it is magic or something

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been running for 6-8 weeks. I cant really compare this to others in terms of longevity as its only been on the market for a year. But like everything, you can't compare your skimmer to mine, even if they're the same bc there are too many factors that play roles into why one mans skimmer doesnt work or last the same as another.

Both seem to be top of the line at their respective prices. For me, the NYOS 120 might have been better for my setup, as the JUMP 400 might be a little overkill for my current bio load demands. I made the choice due to the advancements the JUMP has over NYOS... and I want a controller for all my tank gear.

JUMP 400.jpg

Last edited:

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only comment on a Nyos skimmer as that is the only one I have but I can say this skimmer is awesome and insanely quiet. Personally, I would now only consider buying another Nyos skimmers in the future. In addition, I have a pump issue which was well outside of the warranty period but Nyos support was brilliant and replaced the pump regardless.

Hope the above helps.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back