• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

May Giveaway at ParlAquatics

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They already started next month's.
They giving an autofeeder away? I need one, kids are wanting to go camping. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Road Trip Omg GIF by Laff
Car Air GIF by MotorTrend
Relax Spinning GIF by GEICO

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They giving an autofeeder away? I need one, kids are wanting to go camping. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Road Trip Omg GIF by Laff
Car Air GIF by MotorTrend
Relax Spinning GIF by GEICO
Autofeeder? Nope, they're giving away a SHU time-out box and a $100 LiveAquaria this month and two SHU boxes next month.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Winning entry has been selected randomly and the winner has been notified! Sorry if you didn't get it this time! Next giveaway will probably be for a bucket filter sock holder!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Winning entry has been selected randomly and the winner has been notified! Sorry if you didn't get it this time! Next giveaway will probably be for a bucket filter sock holder!
It wasn't @tbrown !

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i see how it is lol hahaha

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strange, I don't see an email though...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was going to deliver it to the winner as they've been a customer at ParlAquatics in the past and we've met in person prior to the contest. They've been super busy so I am just going to ship it.
They're on R2R. I've just been slacking.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230708_185923.jpg

So, sorry it took so long for the announcement. Sam and I have been going back and forth about whether we wanted to ship it or just pick it up, and who was gonna do the driving, but he got busy, then I got busier, so we finally decided ship it and cooler stuff will happen later.

That said, THANK HEAVENS I got this thing, 2 part has been kicking my rear all year, now maybe my PH won't look like a topographical map of the alps.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
20230708_185923.jpg

So, sorry it took so long for the announcement. Sam and I have been going back and forth about whether we wanted to ship it or just pick it up, and who was gonna do the driving, but he got busy, then I got busier, so we finally decided ship it and cooler stuff will happen later.

That said, THANK HEAVENS I got this thing, 2 part has been kicking my rear all year, now maybe my PH won't look like a topographical map of the alps.
Hey! Congratulations! I'm sure it will help a lot!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Stoked it got there! I forgot to change the increment between stirs on that; I'd crank that up to 3-4 minutes. maybe more. trick is to stir it only as frequently as needed to avoid 'pucking'. The Kalkwasser tends to bind-up at the bottom, attached to the stirrer; at least my cheap Ms. Wages pickling lime does... maybe the fancy stuff has better properties.

You don't want to over stir it because it'll bind with CO2 and corals will be unable to use it. I empty and refill mine every month or so. You'll see the Alk and pH boost start to drop off when its time to address it. 2 cups of kalkwasser powder pre-mixed in a bucket & poured-in as per the instructions carful not overflow the slurry.

start dosing 20ml from when you see your PH drop to when you see it raise. keep an eye on your alk and start reducing your 2-part as needed to keep your alk stable.
Every other night or whatever you're comfortable with it, start adding more dosing across all the hours; gradually increasing the kalk and reducing the 2-part. You'll note your Calcium requirements also drop a lot.
My regular dosing schedule was 100ml/hr with 120ml/hr at night. (I've reduced it recently for reasons in my build page)

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back