• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

May Giveaway at ParlAquatics

Item Price
1000000
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available
I literally pay less then $10 for a year of feeding my corals.

When I got into the hobby, I evaluated all the methods to feed corals and found kalk to be the least expensive. I figured I'd try that first and go up the ladder if needed. Its not.

granted I'm only running ~200 gallons of lightly populated coral. I'm dosing about 100ml/hr of kalk so I am still topping off with RODI. When I hit the evaporation ceiling and am not longer able to add more for fear of overflowing the system, I'll go to 2-part.
 
I use 6" PVC translucent tubing because I've found having a wide mixing chamber allows the top to remain relatively undisturbed while still mixing the bottom. The fully saturated kalkwasser at the top eventually overflows into the sump as new RODI water is dosed from the bottom and is mixed. The mixing schedule is carefully tuned for 2 cups of Kalkwasser powder at a time so you could conceivably go months without having to think about it.
 
There's using your noodle
I use 6" PVC translucent tubing because I've found having a wide mixing chamber allows the top to remain relatively undisturbed while still mixing the bottom. The fully saturated kalkwasser at the top eventually overflows into the sump as new RODI water is dosed from the bottom and is mixed. The mixing schedule is carefully tuned for 2 cups of Kalkwasser powder at a time so you could conceivably go months without having to think about it.
I like not thinking about things.

This post is odd.
 
last day to enter!

tomorrow someone gets a sweet kalkwasser stirrer!

season 4 suit GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new