• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

May Giveaway at ParlAquatics

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it to dose kalkwasser to help keep alk stable.
I have reading to do. When I got started, read about kalkwasser and thought, "this has to be outdated" and went no further (also just had nanos with water changes), so I've got zero knowledge of how to employ it. Something to keep me busy in June!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have reading to do. When I got started, read about kalkwasser and thought, "this has to be outdated" and went no further (also just had nanos with water changes), so I've got zero knowledge of how to employ it. Something to keep me busy in June!
I decided to try Kalkwasser when I started the tank mainly because I liked the idea of only have to dose one thing for alk and Ca.
I started using jugs I pre-mixed and thought it had potential until I was replacing a jug a day. So, I made my own stirrer; so stoked I did.

There is a lot more material on it now; unsurprisingly, a BRS video turned me onto it. I think a $4 bag of pickling lime feeds my tank for the better part of 1/2 a year.

It'll work for a nano too; probably don't need a stirrer. You could get along fine with premixed jugs.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_4413.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

The controller allows rest/runtime configuration but I'll set it up similar to mine which keeps the water at peek saturation while avoiding 'pucking' and attempting to not over-stir (and reduce effectiveness).

*makes less noise when filled with solution but it is a beefy motor so I hear mine outside the stand.*

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back