• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

May Giveaway at ParlAquatics

Item Price
1000000
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available
I did not, but I like parlaquatics! And I might need some new K7 mini shades soon :) But what is a kalkwasser stirrer?
Use it to dose kalkwasser to help keep alk stable.
 
Use it to dose kalkwasser to help keep alk stable.
I have reading to do. When I got started, read about kalkwasser and thought, "this has to be outdated" and went no further (also just had nanos with water changes), so I've got zero knowledge of how to employ it. Something to keep me busy in June!
 
I have reading to do. When I got started, read about kalkwasser and thought, "this has to be outdated" and went no further (also just had nanos with water changes), so I've got zero knowledge of how to employ it. Something to keep me busy in June!
I decided to try Kalkwasser when I started the tank mainly because I liked the idea of only have to dose one thing for alk and Ca.
I started using jugs I pre-mixed and thought it had potential until I was replacing a jug a day. So, I made my own stirrer; so stoked I did.

There is a lot more material on it now; unsurprisingly, a BRS video turned me onto it. I think a $4 bag of pickling lime feeds my tank for the better part of 1/2 a year.

It'll work for a nano too; probably don't need a stirrer. You could get along fine with premixed jugs.
 
IMG_4413.JPEG
 
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vH3hPkfSUpA
The controller allows rest/runtime configuration but I'll set it up similar to mine which keeps the water at peek saturation while avoiding 'pucking' and attempting to not over-stir (and reduce effectiveness).

*makes less noise when filled with solution but it is a beefy motor so I hear mine outside the stand.*
 
If anyone can find another production kalkwasser stirrer with multiple LEDS I'll send you some frag stands!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new