Mb7 & dr.Tims waste alway mixed results

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used dr.Tims waste away when my tank was about 3 months old. I was dealing with Dino’s, cyano, and gha. Dr Tim’s worked great. I believe I stayed a little under the recommended dosage all while keeping a few fish and some lps all with no negative effects. All algae was gonna and everything was great for about 3 months. I struggled to get nitrates above 3 the whole time, and I believe overfeeding may have caused an imbalance between nitrate and phos and all those algaes came back.

I decided to dose Dr Tim’s again starting with a half dose. After the first day I lost a anthia, and all corals looked in bad shape. I figured maybe my tank was dirty and I’d give it another go after a week with a quarter dose. This time corals looked bad and I lost a tons of sps to Rtn. I knew this stuff worked in the past so I couldn’t understand what was going on. I tried MB7 at a half dose the following week with the same results.
I have been keeping my nitrates around 5-10 with Neonitro, however the negative effects seemed to show before I started using the Neonitro.
I tried to research why it may have worked so well the first time and now I can’t seem to use it. I find so many great reviews on MB7, but there are a few with similar results to mine. I’m hoping someone could help me understand what may be going on

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used dr.Tims waste away when my tank was about 3 months old. I was dealing with Dino’s, cyano, and gha. Dr Tim’s worked great. I believe I stayed a little under the recommended dosage all while keeping a few fish and some lps all with no negative effects. All algae was gonna and everything was great for about 3 months. I struggled to get nitrates above 3 the whole time, and I believe overfeeding may have caused an imbalance between nitrate and phos and all those algaes came back.

I decided to dose Dr Tim’s again starting with a half dose. After the first day I lost a anthia, and all corals looked in bad shape. I figured maybe my tank was dirty and I’d give it another go after a week with a quarter dose. This time corals looked bad and I lost a tons of sps to Rtn. I knew this stuff worked in the past so I couldn’t understand what was going on. I tried MB7 at a half dose the following week with the same results.
I have been keeping my nitrates around 5-10 with Neonitro, however the negative effects seemed to show before I started using the Neonitro.
I tried to research why it may have worked so well the first time and now I can’t seem to use it. I find so many great reviews on MB7, but there are a few with similar results to mine. I’m hoping someone could help me understand what may be going on

Lost due to toxins maybe. Bottled bacteria isn't gonna kill fish/corals unless it causes a bloom. Also 3 months is super young for SPS. What are the params? Lighting? CUC?

have you been removing the GHA by hand? have you tried UV for Dinos/GHA? are you running carbon? Neonitro will feed dinos IMO

Upvote 0
OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost due to toxins maybe. Bottled bacteria isn't gonna kill fish/corals unless it causes a bloom. Also 3 months is super young for SPS. What are the params? Lighting? CUC?

have you been removing the GHA by hand? have you tried UV for Dinos/GHA? are you running carbon? Neonitro will feed dinos IMO
Sorry I know that post may have been a bit confusing. What I was saying was I’ve used it at the three month mark with no negative effects. Now the tank is 7 months old and I am having negative effects.
The algae issues were cause by a nutrient imbalance in the tank which is why I dosed the neonitro.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
p1u5h13r4m24

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know that post may have been a bit confusing. What I was saying was I’ve used it at the three month mark with no negative effects. Now the tank is 7 months old and I am having negative effects.
The algae issues were cause by a nutrient imbalance in the tank which is why I dosed the neonitro.
The parameters are
1.026 salanity
8.5 alk
.035 phos
9ppm nitrate
425 calcium
1440 mag

Radion xr30 gen5 blue
And I run an alkatronic which keeps alk within .2

Upvote 0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back