....Me and my AIM....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

louisvillereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have an AIM. It’s both a blessing and a curse. I love the visibility. However, I used to be happy with ALK stability from one day to the next but now I feel compelled to compensate for ALK swings between day and night, which probably does more harm than good.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more about this subject! I've had the kh director testing and adjusting my dosing for almost 2 months now. This and adding AWC have been the 2 best things I've done to my tank since adding an ato many years ago.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish you could somehow get this to control your calcium reactor if so i would be able justify the $1500 price tag

Tbyram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B21E3D2A-1FCC-46A4-B2C5-4B7946783B64.jpeg
I have been using the KH Guardian monitor since Oct with the AIM. I love seeing the DKH on my apex dashboard. I have my dosing pump pretty well tuned (run a small dose every 30 min to keep steady) but added some code to turn off doser if it goes above 9.0. So now my alk stays between 8.9 and 9.1. Wonderful. I run my testing every 2 hours at this time as I was working down from 10 to 9 DKH. Love it so far. Had a few issues but pretty good overall. Also, bought mine from saltwateraquarium.com.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i wish you could somehow get this to control your calcium reactor if so i would be able justify the $1500 price tag

It could be programmed to turn the co2 off if alk gets too high, and on again when alk falls which could be helpful for sure but not a super solid system. I like to tune the rector myself anyway just to keep things in close view.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome,. It's already been asked but it yours set to monitor only? I'm looking at picking one up, one of the current options at least, and wondering how that will work in conjunction with my ca reactor. Do you just use it to monitor and then adjust your ca reactor effluent or ph?
Check out the alkatronic for the calcium reactor. Regardless of what you use, the best way to implement imo is to let your pH controller handle your carx co2 like normal and let the alkatronic shut off your feed pump if your dkh gets too high and then turn it back on once it's within range. It comes with a Bluetooth controllable socket that you can plug your feed pump into. It also has a bnc cable output so you can plug it directly into your apex and let your apex control the feed pump etc. It has the "aim" module built in already :)

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals

I thought this thread was a new release and that the acro was called "Me and my aim" which is a sick name imo if you ever get a cowboy/military/camo or red/white bullseye looking acro lol. Bada**

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have shut off your CO2 based on Alkalinity. If you’re using an Apex, the KH Guardian is about $600.

I had no idea the price on these had come down so much. $600 for the pro with AIM, or $500 for the monitor with AIM. It will be interesting to see how the Trident compares to these.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back