Media baskets and skimmers BC29

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all just a quick question about using skimmers and mediA baskets in a BC29.

Does the placement of the skimmer matter in the flow if the water. Like does it matter if the skimmer is located in chamber 1 before the filter media or is it equally as effective to put in in chamber 2 after the filter media?

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter. Wherever you can fit it, it will work as long as it's in the right depth (depending on the skimmer).

OP
OP
Lovge

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter. Wherever you can fit it, it will work as long as it's in the right depth (depending on the skimmer).

Cool because i been debating between the 2 standard aftermarket skimmers and wasnt sure how the tunze would work being after the filter media

Redseareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the bc29 with the inTank media basket and the tunze 9002 doc skimmer. I have the same setup on my rsm130.I love these little skimmers. But... They do have to be placed very deep to be effective, I keep mine all the way up to the top of the body, water level is everything.

Bucks149

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to go without the skimmer. I've had a lot of success with just doing 25% water changes every three weeks. I am using the inTank Media Basket with Chemipure, Purigen and some filter floss

Here's a pic of my tank:

tntdsol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also look into the Aquatic Life 115 skimmer, and the CadLight PLS 50. Both of these will fit into chamber one. I am currently running a BC29 with AL 115 in chamber 1, with a Media basket(ChemiPure, Purigen, and Filter) and Fuge in chamber 2. I love this setup.

Back