Media reactor choice?

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could only use one media reactor what would you put in it??? Got space for just one in my AIO.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Either reef octopus or two little fishies

OP
OP
RBarth

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...I was meaning what would you put INSIDE of your media reactor. I already have an IM reactor. Should mention I also already have a UV sterilizer as well. Just some pre planning. Thanks!!!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we're talking small space and it's just using it to use it, I'd go with carbon, and some poly fill to polish the water crystal clear.

If you are looking for media reactor as in, you want to add biological media, I'd go with seachem matrix and run slow flow through it.

b breef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gac. But I only have room for one too and interchange gfo from time to time or run both simultaneously. It’s nice having a reactor that’s easily changed out

OP
OP
RBarth

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we're talking small space and it's just using it to use it, I'd go with carbon, and some poly fill to polish the water crystal clear.

If you are looking for media reactor as in, you want to add biological media, I'd go with seachem matrix and run slow flow through it.
Think that's more of what I'm thinking of doing. When I went on the buying spree I bought it to buy it not really thinking what I was gonna use it for. I thought carbon but once I bought my sterilizer I saw less of a need for carbon relatively speaking.

NL.Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I heard you should flush these seachem matrix in ur media reactor once a year is this true?

Im planning on buying 2x 7L pacificsun/aquaforest media reactors.
And i also planning on filling 1 with seachem matrix and i still dont know with what i should fill the other one with.

Tank is 150g and i also have uv sterilizer

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard you should flush these seachem matrix in ur media reactor once a year is this true?

Im planning on buying 2x 7L pacificsun/aquaforest media reactors.
And i also planning on filling 1 with seachem matrix and i still dont know with what i should fill the other one with.

Tank is 150g and i also have uv sterilizer
It's going to depend on how much food and other detritus end up in the system. You may need to flush and rinse the media every couple of months.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back