Media Reactor Height Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter theishkid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

theishkid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
103
Location
Oklahoma City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at buying a Bashsea media chamber for running carbon off a manifold sitting in the sump.

My current water level where it will go is about 10" (which is probably a little too high), but I'm trying to decide on the 4-12 which has a total height of 13" or the 4-18 which is 19" tall.

One seems too low and only an inch or two off the water line so it will be mostly submerged.
The other seems way too high and will stick out the top of the water line 8-9 inches. The larger one would also be a whole lot of chamber when I only need a small amount of carbon.

I'm leaning towards the smaller one because I think it would be easier to fill with carbon and then push the sponges down to pack it in. Would there be any downsides to having one so close to the waterline, other than just getting my hands wet when unscrewing the lid?
 
I’d get the smaller one or maybe two of them to save space and let you run multiple media’s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new