Medicated food?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for when symptoms appear or as a prophylactic? I wonder if in constant use would there any danger of over use causing parasites to developing immunity to the medication? Feeding all the time without symptoms would seem problematic to me. Just a thought.

Heathd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this for when symptoms appear or as a prophylactic? I wonder if in constant use would there any danger of over use causing parasites to developing immunity to the medication? Feeding all the time without symptoms would seem problematic to me. Just a thought.
The only thing I use prophylactically is copper. Everything is if I see something while I'm observing them in their month long QT. In the case of my clowns, one of them had some schmoo on its pectoral fin so I thought it best to treat with kana and metro. Its almost gone at this point, thankfully

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are seeing some prazi resistant flukes these days. Not sure if the wholesalers, shippers, collectors are overusing Praziquantel products is the cause, but you have to wonder. So when feeding fish with internal pathogens we've had to use other products to treat internal pathogens.

OP
OP
I

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like this food would be a better option than stressing the fish out, catching it, and dropping it into a medicine bath to live the next 10 days in the event of a parasite.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back