Meier'sReefs 565g Build

meiersreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

I am pretty excited and can not wait to tell you guys about the new suprise I have. As you may have guessed I am upgrading from 165g mixed SPS Dominate Reef tank to 525g tank that is currently being in the build process. They are going to build on site as the Dimensions of the Tank will be 120"L x 36"W x 28"H. It will be 19mm everclear glass with 96" External overflow box and going with 1.5" Bean Animal Drains. For the Sumps I will be using my 2 Royal Exclusiv Eco Dreambox Sumps plumbed together. Will also be adding my 150g Refuge and possibly plumbing my 165g tank into the system for a frag tank. Still unsure what my plan is with this. Check out my Youtube channel for vids on my 165g tank and sumps and also follow along here and Youtube with the new upgrade. Here is a pic of the basement supports I put up as the tank will be going upstairs in my living room. The Tank is being built by Dave from Aquarium Concepts in Calgary Alberta Canada.

IMG_2063.jpg

Last edited:

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds exciting :) good luck with the build!

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank, I’m debating having them build my monster tank, same as yours but only 8ft.

Did you shop around for quotes from other builders? Was there pricing comparable to others or fairly cheaper?

OP
OP
meiersreefs

meiersreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank, I’m debating having them build my monster tank, same as yours but only 8ft.

Did you shop around for quotes from other builders? Was there pricing comparable to others or fairly cheaper?
Sorry have not been on here in a while. Did you end up getting Dave to build your Tank? I didn't really shop around to much besides a guy in Edmonton and he was way over priced. Dave/Rodger build nice tanks and did the onsite build.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back