Melanarus Wrasse

3dees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine with peppermint's and a 3" coral banded and it doesn't bother any of them. snails are another story.

Salty0331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine with peppermint's and a 3" coral banded and it doesn't bother any of them. snails are another story.

I think what it really boils down too with any fish is where it was collected and what its primary diet consisted of.....nothing is guaranteed in this hobby.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jd371 let me know how it goes
Will do. I have a 2 shrimp, a cleaner and fire, a bunch of Nassarius snails, 3 Turbos and a Conch. I'd hate to lose any of them, especially the Conch (he does a good job on my sand). The Melanarus is only 3.5" and I feed my tank twice a day so hopefully he'll be well fed and not have to resort to picking off my CUC.

mejiamale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine turns my lose frags over all the time. They hunt non stop. I love mine. Have 1 fire shrimp 2 cleaner and 4 peppemints. I have a wrasse tank. 9 to be exact.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been good so far. Been in about a month. His only annoying habit is he loved to tear the seaweed off the rock I have it rubberbanded to for the tang. he just rips it off in chunks sometimes, sometimes he leaves it alone. Mine loves feeding time, eats pretty much anything I put in there food wise.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first one I got nipped on clams and it was removed to my nano cube. I then got a couple fo females and one turned make and they've been a nice pair since more than 1.5 year.
My shrimps were not touched not my corals. It helps to feed well.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the Wrasse in the DT this morning. So far it's all good. Exploring the tank and not hassling any of the inhabitants. The funny thing is the cleaner is the one hassling the Wrasse to clean it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back