OP
OP
Fish_Addict

Fish_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 @maroun.c @ngoodermuth @Big G @4FordFamily @HotRocks thanks for the help guys and sorry but this is gonna be a long post! My first thought was the neoplex, kanaplex and metroplex, but I want him to have the best chance. My plan is going to be kana, furan 2 and metro in his tank. Once I get nitrofuracin green I’m gonna get him in that to help his chances. Also between today and tomorrow being his 2nd and 3rd day I’m gonna watch for the swelling and use the epsom salt. I’m going to use normal neosporin until I get some bio bandage and try to see if I can determine which is better or I may just swap them daily. Then lastly going to use some ruby reef rally to give him baths in. Really pulling for this dude I think once scar heals up he’s going to be a great shop pet!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to use normal neosporin until I get some bio bandage and try to see if I can determine which is better or I may just swap them daily.
Really like Bio Bandage as it contains both neomycin and good old methylene blue plus some vitamin B12.

Another bath you could consider as an alternative to RRR is Sulfaplex (Triple Sulfa) + Neoplex. Can double the recommended dosage. Works pretty good on wounds, ulcerative sores, etc.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Bio Bandage may have been discontinued. This looks like a good replacement. Haven't used it, but these guys are very reliable when comes to fish care and meds: http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Aquatronics.html#wound

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 9.22.42 AM.png

OP
OP
Fish_Addict

Fish_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a busy day today but I now have him in his qt with his meds. Added the 3 at different times and the furan 2 was the last and I noticed he’s laying around more now after the furan 2. He won’t fall over he stays upright but I’m not sure if it was the furan 2 or maybe he’s tired Bc his breathing is still normal. I sat a 10 gallon up letting it get to temp and depending on how he’s doing I may move him to the 10 w just kanaplex. He was swimming great w just it. I skipped the bath today but going to start them tomorrow. I have a video but unfortunately can’t add it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a busy day today but I now have him in his qt with his meds. Added the 3 at different times and the furan 2 was the last and I noticed he’s laying around more now after the furan 2. He won’t fall over he stays upright but I’m not sure if it was the furan 2 or maybe he’s tired Bc his breathing is still normal. I sat a 10 gallon up letting it get to temp and depending on how he’s doing I may move him to the 10 w just kanaplex. He was swimming great w just it. I skipped the bath today but going to start them tomorrow. I have a video but unfortunately can’t add it.
You can YouTube it and post the link here .

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
believe the deciding factor will be if he has internal organ injury which it looks not the case so far which is really lucky.
make sure to add airstone when. medicating with antibiotics.
Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Fish_Addict

Fish_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he has an airstone in the tank along w a lot of surface agitation. Tomorrow when I do the water change I’m gonna leave the furan 2 out and see if that was what affected him. His breathing is still normal but he’s just laying around and it could just be he’s sore from 2 days ago. He’s been doing fine in his baths and I added some epsom salt to his tank Bc he was a lil swollen today.

EC4E3CB5-71E6-4A13-8629-FB4420A5D2B8.jpeg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wound does loook a bit better as faras I can see in last picture.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he has an airstone in the tank along w a lot of surface agitation. Tomorrow when I do the water change I’m gonna leave the furan 2 out and see if that was what affected him. His breathing is still normal but he’s just laying around and it could just be he’s sore from 2 days ago. He’s been doing fine in his baths and I added some epsom salt to his tank Bc he was a lil swollen today.

I would be laying around a lot if I had a wound like that.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those wounds on the head and body look like there is either bruising or black necrotic areas surrounding each one?
I would have euthanised it based upon the first photo, but another option I also might recommend: sealing the wounded area.
Remove the fish from the tank, place on a towel. Working quickly;
First rinse the wound(s) with peroxide, apply a bit of antibiotic salve, and then coat the area with super glue gel. Allow the gel to skin before the wrasse goes back into the qt.

Have a few small baths of clean water to put the wrasse into for brief recovery if it gets too agitated during each treatment. Use each bath only once and only if you have to calm the fish.

I came late to this thread, I hope the fish pulls through.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back