Holy moly - That's a gash !!!!

" THAT JUST TICKS ME OFF !!! "

fishfeelpain311.jpg

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mean to hijack but I was following along with the thread hoping that yours would make it and today i see this in my tank
b7e732438c18cf10a8eb7460edce64d3.jpg

Pretty bad wound in the side of the melanarus. I can only assume it was from my tang. Not sure who or what else could have caused that.

Should i be following the same meds advice as this thread. ?

Its not as deep of a wound as the OPs and the wrasse is behaving as usual no heavy breathing or anything i can notice.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would :( These melanurus just don’t know how to stay out of trouble do they?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the post, now I am hoping for this guy to make it thru, any update?

If it makes it thru the name I think it should have is Scarface or Titan or Rocky.

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping OPs wrasse got better, just wanted to mention mine healed up great, i was not able to get any of the mentioned meds because of fish med ban in canada. I just fed good frozen food with little garlic and it healed up on its own.

Just incase someone going through similar situation wonders how it may turn out

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping OPs wrasse got better, just wanted to mention mine healed up great, i was not able to get any of the mentioned meds because of fish med ban in canada. I just fed good frozen food with little garlic and it healed up on its own.

Just incase someone going through similar situation wonders how it may turn out
You'd be surprised how well a fish can heal from a serious injury. I've seen pictures in the local fishing forums of Flounders caught with their whole tail missing and healed over or perfectly formed big bites taken out of their sides healed. The funny thing is usually the guys who catch these fish always say that they've lived this long with the injury and throw them back... probably the same fish. :D

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly why I feel that Eels belong in dedicated Predator tanks and not mixed reefs. It's just never made good sense to me to mix them with something they see as food (ie one of your favorite fish). I agree though on Melanurus being fighters though. Mine got too close to one of my Foxfaces' spines and got stung. Developed a big welt/cyst and couldn't close it's lower jaw for a month. It still found a way to adapt and sort of filter feed on the smaller bits of reef frenzy in my tank and it eventually healed and is now back to it's greedy munching habits. It's a toss up between him and my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel as to who is a better healer. Both have been near bulletproof.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back