Melissa's Red Sea Max S650

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your whole thread. Nice rockscape. Love your selection of fish, and that they all seem to be getting along. Everything looks beautiful!

StrawberryShortcake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put together a ricordea garden! :D Just my opinion, but I think a group of these together is the prettiest thing you can have in a tank.
image.jpg
I agree, ricordea gardens are awesome!

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your whole thread. Nice rockscape. Love your selection of fish, and that they all seem to be getting along. Everything looks beautiful!
Thank you so much! Before the tank was even shipped, I had my stock list planned out. I'm a scientist and probably do too much research before buying anything. Only tension so far was when I put the two dottybacks in. They had a short "discussion" and now I see them hanging out all the time.

I don't have too many big items left on my wish list. Mostly small rock hopper types, although some are hard to come by....

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, ricordea gardens are awesome!
Heck yea they are! I had a gorgeous rock of them in my biocube, but after after a while they started melting away one by one. It was probably my favorite thing in that tank so an emotional (and expensive) loss. I researched as much as I could and couldn't find anything to explain it. Only somewhat consistent idea was that the lighting on the cube wasn't sufficient to keep them long term. I'm hoping the T5 lighting will work out better :confused:

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sad news: pretty sure my leopard wrasse is toast. Went into the sand the day I posted the pic of him and haven't seen him since. Was hoping he was just taking some healing time, but pretty safe to say at this point that he's a goner. Very disappointing :(. Such a beautiful fish.

Otherwise everything is going fine and not much to report. My dad and I are working on making my water change system as automated and easy as possible since I'm extremely lazy and won't keep up with it otherwise. Will post pics when that is completed.

As far as new additions, I have the following heading my way from @AquaSD's live sale:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sad news: pretty sure my leopard wrasse is toast. Went into the sand the day I posted the pic of him and haven't seen him since. Was hoping he was just taking some healing time, but pretty safe to say at this point that he's a goner. Very disappointing :(. Such a beautiful fish.

Otherwise everything is going fine and not much to report. My dad and I are working on making my water change system as automated and easy as possible since I'm extremely lazy and won't keep up with it otherwise. Will post pics when that is completed.

As far as new additions, I have the following heading my way from @AquaSD's live sale:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry for your loss!

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I can shine a little hope to your wrasse my blue star leopard was hiding in the sand for a little over 2 weeks and all of a sudden she appeared and doing great 7 months later [emoji120]

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
good score. I almost got that frogspawn to go with my pink and orange one.

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! Before the tank was even shipped, I had my stock list planned out. I'm a scientist and probably do too much research before buying anything. Only tension so far was when I put the two dottybacks in. They had a short "discussion" and now I see them hanging out all the time.

I don't have too many big items left on my wish list. Mostly small rock hopper types, although some are hard to come by....
What kind of scientist are you?

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I can shine a little hope to your wrasse my blue star leopard was hiding in the sand for a little over 2 weeks and all of a sudden she appeared and doing great 7 months later [emoji120]

My dad has a wrasse that hides for a week or two at a time, which is why I was (and still sorta am) holding out hope. But we're at the very end of 2 weeks here so no time like the present to pop his face out!

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a non-clinical drug safety scientist for a pharmaceutical company in CT. Basically assess any safety concerns of potential drugs before introduction to humans.
That's definitely a good career. Always gonna be New medicine. I was hoping for something along the lines of mad scientist haha. Your tank looks great btw!

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they had a few of these frogspawns. Would look awesome next to an orange and pink. Got a picture??
Yeah i didnt get it because i didnt want to spend too much. Seems like i order from them every week. I did get an orange hammer, rock nem, an acro, and also some replacement coral.

Sure I can take some pics today. Its feed and water change day. Yaaay!! Lights come on at 3pm so ill take some tonight.

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely a good career. Always gonna be New medicine. I was hoping for something along the lines of mad scientist haha. Your tank looks great btw!
Thank you! Anything healthcare related is one of the more reliable fields. Unfortunately people are always gonna be sick.

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i didnt get it because i didnt want to spend too much. Seems like i order from them every week. I did get an orange hammer, rock nem, an acro, and also some replacement coral.

Sure I can take some pics today. Its feed and water change day. Yaaay!! Lights come on at 3pm so ill take some tonight.

Awesome, I always love a nice euphyllia garden :D

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Hi everyone, haven't posted anything in a while. Don't really have an tank updates, more of an update on my status in the hobby. I'm going to be just trying to maintain the status quo for a while - not add any new stock. My dog was diagnosed with cancer earlier this month and it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks try to get her the best care and make the best/quickest decisions. She is an amazing dog and friend and I would never spend time or money on my tank that I could be spending on her. That being said, here's my last FTS for a while. Hoping to get her healthy ASAP, but until then: happy reefing everyone.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Hi everyone, haven't posted anything in a while. Don't really have an tank updates, more of an update on my status in the hobby. I'm going to be just trying to maintain the status quo for a while - not add any new stock. My dog was diagnosed with cancer earlier this month and it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks try to get her the best care and make the best/quickest decisions. She is an amazing dog and friend and I would never spend time or money on my tank that I could be spending on her. That being said, here's my last FTS for a while. Hoping to get her healthy ASAP, but until then: happy reefing everyone.
Sorry to hear about your dog, I hope everything goes well and easy for her!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it and the house. Once I get my butt out of this condo and into a house I'm going from a 65 gal to bigger much bigger thanks for sharing

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back