Melissa's Red Sea Max S650

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, anything exciting??

Elite aquatics RS-40 sump, ATI 60 inch 8 bulb sunpower fixture, Reef octopus Elite 220 int, Vertex universal 2.0 reactors, Tunze 3155 ATO, even tough these weren't on sale 2 Mp40s.

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
double post sorry

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New goods acclimated, dipped and currently being inspected by the pest & algae police.
image.jpg

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the outside of my magnet back to happily see a healthy population of pods hanging out. Glad the pencil and red tail haven't completely decimated the population and still have prey to hunt down. But I'm likely getting a pretty sweet leopard wrasse (Macropharyngodon cyanoguttatus) and mandarin this weekend so I have another 2,000 pods on their way. Which makes me wonder: can you have too many pods...?

image.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the outside of my magnet back to happily see a healthy population of pods hanging out. Glad the pencil and red tail haven't completely decimated the population and still have prey to hunt down. But I'm likely getting a pretty sweet leopard wrasse (Macropharyngodon cyanoguttatus) and mandarin this weekend so I have another 2,000 pods on their way. Which makes me wonder: can you have too many pods...?

image.jpg
Of course not:D I used to have a whole bunch, but now not so much.

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, and I mean AWESOME, sale at Greenwich Aquaria this weekend! Got several additions for the tank including a gorgeous blue spot leopard wrasse that I had reserved. Ever go your LFS and find a beautiful fish and then see a note on the tank that it has already been sold? Well this weekend I was that jerk! Haha

He looked great at the store and was eating but of course immediately went into the sand in my tank so pics to come. In the meantime here's my updated current stock list and a FTS. Also a pic of me and my reserved note cause I just felt so cool... :p

Stock list:
Purple tang
Desardjini sailfin tang
Hippo tang
False perc clownfish
Helfichi firefish (x2)
Orange stripe goby (+ pistol shrimp)
Pencil wrasse
Red tail wrasse
Blue spot leopard wrasse
Tailspot blenny
Springer's Dottyback
Neon Dottyback
Spotted mandarin

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

hingisp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has come a long way and taking shape so nicely. Regarding your top right outflow jet. Is it blowing straight into the top of the rock or over the top of it? I hate the way it is so restricted in its movement (the jet outflow) I mean as no matter where I bend it to my substrate is blown away over time. Can drive me nuts haha

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has come a long way and taking shape so nicely. Regarding your top right outflow jet. Is it blowing straight into the top of the rock or over the top of it? I hate the way it is so restricted in its movement (the jet outflow) I mean as no matter where I bend it to my substrate is blown away over time. Can drive me nuts haha
Thank you! I had heard about the the main return blowing sand all over which was one of my concerns when I got this tank. So I got the highest grade sand that was still safe for wrasses and that tall column to help deflect the flow. The way it is positioned now, it skims over the top of the rock. I'd say about half of the flow is diverted and half blows straight against the front glass. I still have a little bit of sand pooling directly in front, but not enough to see the bottom glass.

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious but you are not qt-ing any of the fish?
I haven't qt'd anything yet. Some of my livestock came from my previous tank and for others a qt process likely would have hurt more than helped (like the mandarin, red tail wrasse and leopard wrasse who wouldn't have had pods to pick at). I would have liked to qt the tangs but I wasn't set up for it yet. Luckily everyone is healthy so far (fingers crossed), but I'd prefer to qt in the future.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%

Back