Melting Zoa?

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Zoas looked like this. i cut the peg off the Frag plug and they sort of shot into the bowl of water with a little impact. could that have caused this. my candy cane and the rest of the zoa polyps look to be doing very well.
Melting.jpg

The rim of that single polyp seems to be hurt or missing. Has anyone seen this and know what its usually caused by. and before anyone ask my parameters are ideal except calcium its on the low side of 375ppm.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Zoas looked like this. i cut the peg off the Frag plug and they sort of shot into the bowl of water with a little impact. could that have caused this. my candy cane and the rest of the zoa polyps look to be doing very well.
Melting.jpg

The rim of that single polyp seems to be hurt or missing. Has anyone seen this and know what its usually caused by. and before anyone ask my parameters are ideal except calcium its on the low side of 375ppm.
I notice you didn’t get any response here. And I’m only responding to say for you to say all parameters are ideal but not to list them I’m sure turned many away from posting…….How do we know that you even know what ideal even means ?!?!?

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice you didn’t get any response here. And I’m only responding to say for you to say all parameters are ideal but not to list them I’m sure turned many away from posting…….How do we know that you even know what ideal even means ?!?!?
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 3.0
calcium 385ppm
alk 9.1
mag 1304
ph 8.1
salinity 1.026
phos .07

personwafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve done worse things to zoas if your other ones are doing fine just wait it out thats what I do. mine look short sometimes maybe thats just the mood they’re in who knows

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melting.jpg

Individual zoa polyps can be damaged/bruised. It may take a week or two to see improvements. I've dropped a frag, or a snail knocks it off before, super normal.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Individual zoa polyps can be damaged/bruised. It may take a week or two to see improvements. I've dropped a frag, or a snail knocks it off before, super normal.
Appreciate it never used to be a big zoa guy but i heard some story's of them not working out in new tanks and was a little worried.

personwafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry about it too much, just keep an eye on it here’s a few of my zoas today that look floppy
6E64B852-0297-4E27-BC11-99603109FE9E.jpeg

Attachments

• 499F60F5-F889-4A13-90C2-3A318E6DA124.jpeg
    499F60F5-F889-4A13-90C2-3A318E6DA124.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 32

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back