Member Tank Pictures submission

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, everytime I glue a frag disc onto the glass, it pops off. Any tricks?
Cheers! Mark
They aren’t glued, they are on magnets. I actually didn’t want glue on the glass, since saltwater helps superglue gel set, was afraid that it would be hard to remove. Everything inside the tank (including the overflow) is mounted on ceramic magnets. Ceramic magnets are reef safe. The corals on the back are attached to ceramic magnets, but on the outside of the glass are neodymium magnets. Neodymium or rare earth magnets are the strongest magnets that you can buy, however neodymium are not reef safe. Some people coat them and use them inside the tank, but I don’t want to risk the coating degrading and failing so I only use ceramic inside. I have had these magnets in this tank for over 2 years and in other tanks that I had, had ceramic ones in my tank between 5 to 10 years.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren’t glued, they are on magnets. I actually didn’t want glue on the glass, since saltwater helps superglue gel set, was afraid that it would be hard to remove. Everything inside the tank (including the overflow) is mounted on ceramic magnets. Ceramic magnets are reef safe. The corals on the back are attached to ceramic magnets, but on the outside of the glass are neodymium magnets. Neodymium or rare earth magnets are the strongest magnets that you can buy, however neodymium are not reef safe. Some people coat them and use them inside the tank, but I don’t want to risk the coating degrading and failing so I only use ceramic inside. I have had these magnets in this tank for over 2 years and in other tanks that I had, had ceramic ones in my tank between 5 to 10 years.
Thats great! where did you get the ceramic magnets for inside the tank?
Cheers! Mark

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great! where did you get the ceramic magnets for inside the tank?
Cheers! Mark
You can get them online and cheaper from from Amazon. They also sell them at Home Depot and Lowe's. Come in various sizes.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get them online and cheaper from from Amazon. They also sell them at Home Depot and Lowe's. Come in various sizes.

What a great idea! Just ordered150 3/4" diameter magnets for $14
Cheers! Mark

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great idea! Just ordered150 3/4" diameter magnets for $14
Cheers! Mark
If you plan to use them on the back wall, you might want to get some neodymium magnets for outside the tank. They are strong enough to keep the frag from sliding. Depending on the frag, I either cut the stem off the frag plug with my Dremel and glue it to the magnet or glue the frag directly to the ceramic magnet.

Jphoadley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan to use them on the back wall, you might want to get some neodymium magnets for outside the tank. They are strong enough to keep the frag from sliding. Depending on the frag, I either cut the stem off the frag plug with my Dremel and glue it to the magnet or glue the frag directly to the ceramic magnet.
This is great. I'm ordering now! Thanks!

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is too quiet in here.
21-03-05-999_1.png

Here is a macro shot I took a few days ago.
The question is what coral is it?
It is greener than this picture showcases!

21-03-05-999_3.png

This guy sat still enough to catch the shot! Going to practice more macro shots next week.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jason.. great looking setup. I see you like anemones. I count 3 different species already. Tuck in the corner is the alktronic. How do you like it?
Yes sir, 2 haddoni, 1 ritteri, and too many BTA

Alkatronic is awesome.

Back