Memorial to my Mandarin

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm posting this just because I want to talk about her. She was a rescue from someone who did not have the proper care for her, and because of that she was starved. Because of that, I knew that my time with her was just for I could give her a nice life before she moves on, it's a lot harder though when it came. I mean I am glad I was there for her, I remember times when I gave her pods, she was visibly happy and munching along. I grew more attached to her then I thought I would, she just constantly moved around and added so much life to the tank and was a joy to watch every day.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get attached too. I understand. I'm very sorry you lost her, but obviously she was loved and well cared for.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins are beautiful and I do miss my green mandy. Despite my best efforts and hundreds of dollars spent on pods, I simply couldn't keep up with it's needs and even though she adapted to frozen foods and I target fed her, other fish would still beat her to the food. It's one of the reasons why I get irritated when people tell me they aren't that difficult to care for. IMHO the only way they are easy to care for are large tanks, with a well established copepod and self-sustaining copepod population. Beyond that their feeding requirements are too demanding/frequent for anyone who has a full time job.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the support, I did find something tonight though. On a rock pile I saw one of my tiny snail shells I got with empty pack. It confused me, none of my hermit crabs could ever fit into it, maybe one thought it could and then just threw it? Then I was looking at it and out pops tiny claws and the finally the tiniest hermit crab head I've even seen comes out and curiously looks at me. Even with the loss of a prized fish, new life comes out from the material I had left in my tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back