Mesh Bags

Come Monday

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
Location
Thompson's Station, TN.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a thread to discuss the use of activated carbon in a reef tank. I'm just asking for some suggestions of common items that I can use for means of containing it to be placed in one of my Solana chambers. I don't want to spend a penny, nor do I want to use my gym sock.
 
I use dollar store or clearance panty-hose. They are very thin but allow water to soak through without issues. I think the last time I bought some it was in the Walmart Clearance isle for $.25 for two pairs...lol.

Anything is going to be more than a penny, so unless you have someone you can "borrow" some panty-hose from or use some sort of sock or shirt you are going to be out of luck...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new