Metal halide and euphyllia

I havent tried or seen 6500K in person but for max growth and color but i read they will make the coral yellowish rendering wise as a standalone light for depth of up to 12". I thought my 10,000K made the coral looks slightly yellowish, i could imagine will 6500K be more. Got any picts of 6500K?
Thanks
I have some old iwaskai 6500k bulbs I can throw in for pictures this weekend. It’s yellow but I run meridian LEDs which give me some blue color as well.
IMG_7845.jpeg
 
I have some old iwaskai 6500k bulbs I can throw in for pictures this weekend. It’s yellow but I run meridian LEDs which give me some blue color as well.
IMG_7845.jpeg
Nice, but how about just standalone without any other light?
 
Nice, but how about just standalone without any other light?
It’s yellow but gives a natural daylight feel. I’ll swap a bulb or two out tomorrow and take some pictures.
 
I'm also curious how everything looks under 6500k, because I can get an extremely bright shop light (5000k) for very cheap. Might just add supplemental blue LED strips with it.
 
I’m
I'm also curious how everything looks under 6500k, because I can get an extremely bright shop light (5000k) for very cheap. Might just add supplemental blue LED strips with it.
sorry got distracted but I’ll get some pictures tomorrow. I’ve got 2 of my bulbs swapped for 6500k bulbs currently. Love the look mixed with the meridians.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new