Metal Halide pendant the size of a kessil a360

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 5 foot long T5 hybrid fixture with 4 T5 bulbs, two xr30 and 2 kessil a360 (the guy threw them in with fixture purchase)

I was wondering if they make MH pendants that would fit in similar space that a360s would? Huge fan of mh shimmer and they’d only run 2-3 hours a day…

any ideas are appreciated

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The older Hamilton Bimini sun pendants would have fit but they’re discontinued. The reef brite pendants are 8.75” wide making them probably the most narrow option. Not sure how you’d feel about setting them on top of the hybrid unit. I wouldn’t feel real comfortable personally but they’d be a little less than 1/2” too big on each side meaning they could rest on top of it possibly. There aren’t any that would fit seamlessly or even close to it, in any of the prefabricated led mounts. Most horticulture metal halides are much larger than aquarium ones, as they aim to cover 4’ square spaces or more per light.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know back in the day they used to have ones that were similar in size to the Kessils for nano purposes. Nowadays I think most of those companies are out of business or have switched to LED

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking into this recently too and it seems like outside of a diy solution the previously mentioned reef brite pendants are the closest to fit. Also, fish-street has a 70w HQI nano light that may fit but there is zero info on them but they are cheap enough to possibly try out.

Back