- Joined
- Feb 15, 2012
- Messages
- 4,921
- Reaction score
- 3,553
- What state or country do you live in
- Hawaii
I still believe there is a great movement to push LEDs at the moment. The market follows what the chanting says. If a bigger company does something, the smaller companies tend to follow.I just think the reason for them and other ppl not selling is there not a “big selling item “ for them when everyone thinks leds are the best so they stock what sells a lot . Am going to run mh for as long as I can I had leds for along time and was never happy with them
In the halide/T5 case it's actually happening differently though, and I'm glad!
Aquacave told me the only reason why they don't have much halide gear in stock right now is because Hamilton is out of stock and they think the late manufacture/restock is due to COVID, which is most likely the truth, of course.
Marine Depot took over part of the halide customers from BRS, as far as I know.
Premium Aquatics took over for ReefBite, and still sells Hamilton.
Hamilton will also be selling on their web site.
I think it's a matter of time to see many more going back or discovering halides and ditching their LEDs for good, like the public aquariums are doing.
