Micro Brittle stars

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have micro brittle stars they can spare? I can get them at the meeting Sunday, happy to trade a frag for them.

I've always had them but not seeing them in any of my tanks or sumps anymore. I'd like to get a good population going again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He possibly ate them from my display but I should still have them in my sump, frag tank etc. They're good cleaners I just like having them around.

Roboson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never get any microbrittles. If someone wanted to sell a pack of their extra, I would probably buy some.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can probably grab some from my tank - it isn't easy as they bury themselves into the little crevices in the rock. But I'm not going to make it to the meeting.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. Every once in a while when I'm mucking about in the tank, some signal must go out and they all come out. I have no idea what triggers it and it doesn't happen often. I suppose the best I can do is to grab them when I see them and toss them in the sump where there are less places to hide.

Where was everyone last year when I had billions of them? I don't have as many but they are definitely around.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they do come out by the boatload sometimes. When I used to have them, every now and then they would congregate at the top off my macro algae in the sump.

If you pluck one off I'm sure they will last for a long time in nothing more that a top o ware container with some algae.

I just kept a gorilla crab like that for almost 2 months to save for puffer food.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 116 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back